Home > General > Decisions, decisions!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Fish

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Rimini Red
Decisions, decisions!

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and gathering info here while I try and decide what car to get next. I currently have a Disco 2 facelift but it's time to change. I initially thought I wanted a newer disco but also looked at the usual suspects from BMW, Audi etc. The more I looked the more I was drawn to Range Rover and, having spent time on here, a full fat one.

Despite the usual worries about expensive repairs and running costs I've not been deterred, it's not exactly cheap running a Disco either!

I'll be doing approx 20k miles a year including business and will be towing a twin axle caravan.

I think I have narrowed it down to particular model - 3.6 tdv8 vogue se 2008 - now I just need to find the right one at the right price with not too many miles on it. Needle and haystack I know but here goes Very Happy

Thanks to everyone here for the info posted Thumbs Up

Post #278989 4th Sep 2014 7:20am
gregdav

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

You won't regret it, came from a disco 2 myself and believe me there a world away. Plenty of how to's and wiki. Like the disco there a hobby , typical land rover, but there a great bunch on here and always willing to help Very Happy . Welcome Thumbs Up

Post #278994 4th Sep 2014 8:28am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

for that kind of mileage a diesel FF will be ideal...whats your budget? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #278995 4th Sep 2014 8:33am
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

totally agree with the disco2 to FF 'promotion' yes, its like coming from a tractor that you cant turn around in a lane, to a limo with modern feel. the cabin space is so much better, and , check this, the L322 is lighter than a disco3

you will have a massive smile, these cars are not 'beyond' peoples intelligence. we came from a td5 to a V8 FF -night and day!

its difficult to think of what car I would prefer now. -there's no need to consider anything, unless it gets written off.

Post #279000 4th Sep 2014 8:52am
zarnd

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

I bought a 3 year old Disco 3 Tdv6 HSE in 2010 for doing 20-25k in it a year. I did 40k in four years as a year after getting mine I changed my job and had a company vehicle so stopped using it daily. My wife had it once we had a baby and she used it. I kept the warranty up but it was still the most expensive car I have ever had to run. Last bill I had for it was a 105k service, cambelts, alternator, oil pump, auxillary belt and water pump and it was £2,000. It still needed the air con fixing, lower arms and four new tyres which was going to be another £2,000. I also had a new turbo actuator, new steering angle sensor, new EPB module, and general servicing and maintenance items. Very comfortbale and never let me down or stranded anywhere.

The supercharged range rover we have now is cheaper to run than the disco. We do about 8,000 miles a year, half in Europe on holiday and the rest is my wife running around town with our daughter. The Disco did about 17mpg round town and the Range Rover does about the same. Just. Cheaper tax, cheaper fuel and cheaper servicing and a better car all round made perfect sense!

Great cars and good luck finding one! Alex

2018 Skoda Kodiaq vRS
2009 Caterham Supersport Race car
2007 M5 Touring
2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG

Post #279002 4th Sep 2014 8:52am
Fish

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Rimini Red

Thanks guys,

Had a quick look at one today that I had seen on the internet and while it reinforced my desire I may need to review what I can reasonably expect for the money. This was a 57 2008 with 90k miles for 17k. Internet says it's a Vogue but the bade says HSE. There are one or two issues visible such as scuffed wheels, dodgy paint / strange marks on the bumper and it needs at least 1 new tyre. It was only a quick look as I was passing between jobs, just wanted to see if it was worth a proper look.

Post #279021 4th Sep 2014 12:48pm
Capers

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover SE 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

you have a pm sir Thumbs Up

Post #279027 4th Sep 2014 1:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1