Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Second Hand Prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
i am the leprechaun

Second Hand Prices

Hello from a newbie

After a lifetime admiring the RR from a distance my mind has been focussed by this weeks snow and ice....

I have recently spent a short time looking at various RR and dealers websites

What I dont understand is that whilst there is general gloom and depression amongst second hand prices of 4x4's in general the RR seems immune

Having said that I base the above on several dealer groups advertising new Vogues and Vogue SEs at less than 50k new on the road

On the other hand 08 plate cars are advertised at 45k minimum which doesnt make sense

Id be grateful for some help here

Essentially do 08 plate cars actually sell for 45k, when a new one is 49, or do they move at a lot less?

Or alternatively is nobody actually selling any recent second hand RRs so the advertised prices are irrelevent anyway?

Many thanks

Post #2802 5th Feb 2009 12:09am
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Speak to the Charles Hurst team Link up top Thumbs Up

Post #2805 5th Feb 2009 8:01am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

A friend of mine who is looking to buy a 4wd went into our local dealer in Melton, asked if they had any deals on at the moment and was told blankly, "No, we don't need to do any deals, our cars are in demand"

Can you believe that!

Did he not hear about the LR factory being closed for 4 months or something?

Dealers that are THAT arrogant or at least sales people that arrogant deserve to lose their job.

Utter madness in my view. They clearly are not real sales people. Censored Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #2808 5th Feb 2009 11:39am
JOKER

Scotland 

That's because certain LR Dealerships and their Sales staff think they and their products are beyond reproach, and it's the old Chestnut if you have to ask the price of a RR you should not be in their Showroom.

Sales staff like that lose a fair amount of custom with their ( legend in their own toilet time ) attitude .

But what could encroach on their sales is Porsche with their new Diesel Cayenne , and B.M.W bringing out their new and revised X5M Series .....

So stuck up LR sales had better watch out ............... w Censored r's

Post #2811 5th Feb 2009 12:01pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Having spent the last ten years in corporate level sales, I have to say that if I was a Prestige car salesman, I would wipe the bloody floor with them.

They make all the most common mistakes and talk themselves out of making money. The majority of them I have met over the years are complete blithering idiots. I have respect for only a limited few.

They lack observation skills, lack listening skills and lack negotiation ability. Just because someone walks in wearing jeans and a T shirt doesn't mean they can't afford a car. If I thought about it too much, I'd get really angry!

I think that they believe that anyone who can recite the options list can sell a car. PAH! Rolling with laughter Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #2812 5th Feb 2009 12:09pm
JMC

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

There are a limited number of FFRRs which have already been built and are sitting at Gaydon with big LR bonuses on them. I just picked mine up brand new (Vogue) for a tad under £50k and I've seen 1yo with 10k miles for sale in Autotrader for the same amount.

However, according to my sources, when these pre-built cars are gone (and they're going fast) the price will be back up and they will be built to order only. It's even been suggested that the list price on a FFRR will be even more expensive in the near future. The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile

Post #2817 5th Feb 2009 3:47pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

I remember the days when the list price of a RR Vogue was in the £30k bracket.

That was a LONG time ago!

The OTR price goes up every single year and always will do. Won't be long till the top spec is nearing 3 figures. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #2818 5th Feb 2009 4:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1