Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 7 pin Large round black
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
crispy2

Australia 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
7 pin Large round black

Hi, my new FFRR has been fitted with a tow bar (after original delivery) and it looks a good job - it's got a Westfalia sticker on it.

Electrically it has the large 7 pin roundblack plug AND a 12 pin flat Narva plug but both seem to be still wired in. I have a 24' caravan with LED tail ights which I was towing with my '05 D3 V8. For that arrangement I bought myself one of the antiflicker boxes to cope with the LED's and I have a large round 7 pin for the car side and 7 pin small round for the caravan side.

For the FFRR ideally I would plug into the BLACK 7 pin round socket but I am unsure of the difference between the Black and the White 7 pin large round plugs (I was using the White 7 pin large round plug on the D3).

Anyone know on this?

TIA

Pete

Thumbs Up '07 4.2 S/C
'13 X3M

Post #291168 6th Nov 2014 12:07pm
paulmoran2

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Mariana Black

Hi Pete

In the UK, the Black 7 pin socket is normally for the caravans external lighting- Side Lights, direction signal lights (but not the reverse lights) and the White 7 pin socket is the power supply for the fridge (whilst in transit) and the reverse lighting.

http://www.motabars.co.uk/basic_tow_electrics.html

Paul GONE 2010 Facelifted 3.6 TDV8 - Stornoway Grey + 22" Overfinch Olympus
HAVE 1999 Discovery 2 GS 4.0 V8 - Silver - Off Road Toy
GONE 2013 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue. Black with Silver roofline and 22" s
HAVE 2015 Jaguar XF.

Post #291186 6th Nov 2014 2:51pm
crispy2

Australia 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Great Paul, thanks for that. It at least answers the question about the two plugs I have on the Disco. I had actually made an error in my original posting. I used the BLACK 7 pin connector on the Disco for caravan lights/Service brakes etc. I never used the White one at all. But advice from folks here regarding powering my caravan fridge while in transit was to fit an Anderson plug - which I duly did. The caravan already the Anderson plug (Male end) when I bought it so it seemed logical to just get a sparky to fit the other Anderson (Female) end and presto. It worked fine but perhaps I never needed to and I could have used the WHITE plug for that but would have needed to convert the plug on my caravan. Academic now.

Following forensic examination this eve, I was able to plug the anti-flicker box into the BLACK plug on the Rangie, so I am all good for lights/Service brakes - though I need to confirm the pin arrangement is correct and I dont get Service brakes when lights come on. A weekend job. I will have to get an Anderson plug fitted and I will remove the redundant 12 pin flat plug in the process.

Should be all good after I do that.

Thanks for your help solving the mystery for me Paul.

Regards

Pete.

Thumbs Up '07 4.2 S/C
'13 X3M

Post #291200 6th Nov 2014 3:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1