Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Keyless entry security
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green
Keyless entry security

Keyless entry security.....a possible solution.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic120277.html

Post #293398 16th Nov 2014 10:02am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Brilliant, I need one Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #293457 16th Nov 2014 1:10pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Looks like a solution. The sort of thing that JLR should be sorting.

Post #293459 16th Nov 2014 1:20pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

But, if JLR sorted it this way... The crime will find a way around it... So, better to keep one step ahead of the bad guys EM Thumbs Up

Post #293644 17th Nov 2014 12:14am
ebajema

I agree with Craig, although I feel sorry for the people that don't have extra gadgets like this in their car. Now the search is on for good spots to hide the thing Smile. Suggestions by PM please !!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #293679 17th Nov 2014 9:06am
BBS SPY

Cyprus 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hello All

Craig is quite right Thumbs Up

The basis of this security vunerability is really quite simple to understand and follow in that ALL Vehicle manufacturers have to produce vehicles that are scrap if you loose all keys or can have a new key learned without having an existing one present.

So dealer diagnostic equipment, in this case SDD, must always be able to program new keys and EU legislation dictates that anyone can purchase SDD. In fact EU legislation mandates for cheap hardware options too.

Manufacturers can in essence "change the locks" as often as they wish, but ultimately as they also have to provide the new Key too, they are simply unable to combat this and are simply moving the goalposts.

Although initial media awareness of this vunerability which started nearly two years ago, initially seemed to affect only BMW's and other manufacturers were obviously quick to deny it affected them and was a BMW only problem, but as you now see from recent news and press this is obviously not true.

So despite JLR having two years to prevent or find a solution to this, and having since introduced new models, they have clearly shown that they are indeed unable to achieve this. Indeed last weeks watchdog showed a Range Rover Evoque having a new key learned in just 10 seconds !!!

Fortunately having recognised this vunerabilty would also affect JLR vehicles from the very begining and it was only a matter of time, and as long term experts at the very lowest level of CAN-BUS and especially diagnostic communications, We immediately initiated development of something that would totally combat this that we call the CAN-LOCK and allow owners to properly and fully protect their Investments from anything and everything possible, including SDD from accessing it for any reason or purporse.
We did not market it yet because up until this vunerability gained due media attention, no one would have believed that it was needed.

ebajema:
As you cleverly note, it is indeed where you hide the CAN-LOCK that is the most relevant factor.
As stated, it can be placed on the CAN bus literally anywhere as the CAN BUS runs right throughout the entire vehicle including into every door Whistle

If you have not seen the recent YOU TUBE demo video of the CAN-LOCK doing what it was specifically designed to do, here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-deKrZBndCU&feature=youtu.be

I welcome any questions

ATB

Colin 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #293761 17th Nov 2014 5:38pm
ebajema

I'm looking forward to them going on sale Colin, I am definitely getting one. I'm already thinking of places to put it, that is now half the fun Smile Smile Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #293853 18th Nov 2014 1:48am
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Me too (PM sent to BBS)

Post #293926 18th Nov 2014 2:28pm
BBS SPY

For reference, the CAN-LOCK will work on any Model that has the Ford based Keyless Vehicle Module (KVM) fitted which includes Range Rover sports from 2010 on, including the new L494, Range Rovers from 2010 including the L405, Disco 4's and of course Evoques.

In fact we have just done another Video today of it doing it's KVM dissapearing trick on a brand new L405 that we will be posting up on You Tube in the next day or two Wink

Fitment of this is so simple and the instructions so straight forward that even if someone does not feel inclined or sufficiently competant to fit this themselves, any Auto Electricians would be able to fit this easily and quickly.

You don't need any diagnostic equipment for CAN-LOCK to work, it is a simple case of connect and forget.
However for those with access to any kind of diagnostic equipment, it is re assuring to use that to confirm that the KVM is indeed no longer accessible.

I will post up any further news on this thread including when they are on our web shop, as well as a promo code for the launch discount, after which anyone can place an order Thumbs Up

ATB

Colin 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #293956 18th Nov 2014 5:30pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I take it then that if you wanted to have a key programmed you would have to disconnect the can lock, then reconnect once the programming was done?

Interested more for the disco, as my ffrr is too old. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #293995 18th Nov 2014 7:25pm
BBS SPY

Hiya northernmonkeyjones

Indeed you are correct.

If you have a CAN-LOCK fitted and you wished to grant someone, including a dealer, access to the Keyless Vehicle Module, for any reason including the ability to learn a new Key, you as the vehicles owner and uniquely knowing where the CAN LOCK is fitted would have to first disconnect it to provide them access to the keyless Module. After which you could then re connect it to resume the protection it provides.

TBH i am struggling to hold my Tongue on LR's feedback in this aspect.

ATB

Colin 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #294013 18th Nov 2014 8:32pm
BBS SPY

As previously promised, here is a link to the short Video we just uploaded on You Tube showing the CAN-LOCK completly prohibiting diagnostic access to the Keyless vehicle module on even a Brand new L405 just as it did on the previous 2010 RRS demo Video. Sadly the SDD screen is not so clear but if you watched the first Video you get the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GbAGkx3AoY&feature=youtu.be

By brand new, i mean this vehicle is only days old and does not even have a Registration plate fitted yet.

It really does not matter what age or model the vehicle is, or what hardware or software the Keyless vehicle Module it is fitted with is or is running, the CAN-LOCK device when connected clearly makes the Keyless Entry module totally dissapear off the CAN BUS at even the base level of the SDD attempting to communicate with it just to ascertain it is present.

ATB

Colin 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #294194 19th Nov 2014 6:21pm
ebajema

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #294289 20th Nov 2014 3:31am
BBS SPY

Hiya all

Although the usual last minute rush to sort this before we close for the weekend, and the picture is currently a bit rubbish IMHO, the CAN-LOCK device is indeed now available for purchase with a product code of AC035 at £78 GBP +VAT etc on our Nanocom-diagnostics.com sites Web Shop.

Click image to enlarge

you can enter the shop directly here using this link.
http://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/shop.php

Select your currency, then your VAT status and then the One Model option.
Then scroll down and the CAN-LOCK (AC035) can be found near the bottom.
Follow the checkout process entering your details and making selections on payment and shipping options as you wish, although I should mention that EMS have recently increased their rates for small parcels and we get such a good discount from DHL that we pass on it's a no brainer to select DHL

As stated we are offering an Introductory discount that will run till the end of December 2014.
So when when you see the Promo code box enter LOCKE11 and The price of the CAN-LOCK will automatically be discounted by 20%

Many thanks to all who have appreciated the need for such a device as the CAN-LOCK and have supported our efforts to provide such a High tech solution to eradicate and solve a High tech risk. BBS is very glad to utilise our many years of experience and obvious low level understanding of such things as CAN BUS connectivity to help owners in this way.

As if there were not enough evidence of the reality of this risk already widely available on the internet, I recently read this :

http://content.met.police.uk/Appeal/Stolen...246763584.

I especially note this part of the closing paragraph.

Quote:
Advice to car owners
Consider additional security both electronic and physical:

It also seems that as of 3 days ago, the best LR can yet come up with after 2 years of knowing about this problem and publically denying it affects their vehicles offer is an pitifful hardware option to move the OBD port to what they call is a secret location, which of course would be shared with all owners and possible thieves alike.

Quote:
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic38151.html?

ATB

Colin 2003 4.4 HSE

Post #294592 21st Nov 2014 5:57pm
ebajema

Ordered Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #294696 22nd Nov 2014 6:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>