Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Land Rover Customer Service - Oxymoron?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Land Rover Customer Service - Oxymoron?

Well I've just got back after a wasted 25 mile journey to Hunters Land Rover (just north of Preston). Some weeks ago I got them to have a look at the bubbling tailgate under the corrosion warranty. They took photos and sent them to JLR for approval I assume they got it because they contacted me to arrange to have the work done.
So far so good, however because they wanted it for a week I said a loan vehicle would be useful although not essential so long as they let me know. No problem but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks so we can lend you a car - how about the 24th November. Not the best date as I would have to cancel a long standing arrangement but I could live with it.
Imagine my disappointment when I turned up this morning only to find I had not been booked in and no hire car was available although the guy did actually remember speaking to me.
Outcome - Censored off and we'll be in touch at our convenience can't give you a date.

This is the same garage that charged me £120 Shocked to change my previous car so only the drivers unlocked on the first blip. Obviously the guy blamed the computer, I blame the incompetent Censored running the show.

I am getting on a bit now but can never remember having been simply forgotten (no apology BTW) by Indys, Ford, Vauxhall, Nissan, Audi or Mercedes - just the over bloated JLR.

Rant over I think I'll go for a lie down and hope the phone rings in the next day or two. Very Happy Geoff

Post #295118 25th Nov 2014 1:15pm
RiccartonRR

Scotland 

Make sure it's a long lie down if Hunters are anything like Lloyds in Carlisle.

"oh yes sir, we'll ring you in the next day or so to arrange your warranty work!"

2 weeks later.

"Hello, is that Lloyds? I'm waiting for my call back re the outstanding warranty work"
"Ah yes sir, thanks for calling - you were the next on my list. Does Tuesday the ??th (2 weeks forward) fit in with you?"
"Erm ok, just so long as I can have a courtesy car."
"Oh, in that case we'd better make it the week after."

Take car in - pick it up 3 days later only to be told that they have now identified what the problem is and that they'll need to order the parts and then make another appointment!!! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

If you want good service go to Kentdale in Kendal Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #295122 25th Nov 2014 1:48pm
supershuttle

Delays I can cope with, but the broken arrangements with no apology and blaming computers gets me - just put your hands up and apologise the computer is almost certainly not to blame - Censored wits. Geoff

Post #295123 25th Nov 2014 2:01pm
supershuttle

Well, I have to confess to being a bit surprised but Hunters just rang, unfortunately best new date is December 15th - but as I said delays I can deal with its broken arrangements that Censored me right off.
So fingers crossed Very Happy Geoff

Post #295134 25th Nov 2014 2:43pm
jez000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

My last visit to the dealers included an hour wait for a courtesy car that was just being brought round, just being washed, just having fuel put in it, for them to discover it had been sold the week before Evil or Very Mad 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB
Gone 2011 Bournville TDV8 VSE
Gone 2008 Black Canadian HSE LUX

Post #295147 25th Nov 2014 4:00pm
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Stratsone Stoke made me insure the courtesy car on my insurance for one day £25 admin fee.
while they tried (and failed) to sort a Landrover approved used Freelander out.
(car rejected in the end and money back) Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #295152 25th Nov 2014 5:37pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

As per Riccarton, met a chap yesterday who had spent £78K with Lloyds on a Sport (ahem). His wife drove it back up and it died in our local village. Reponse from Lloyds and I kid you not ' it must have been the way your wife was driving it'. Many expletives, 1 week and a courtesy car later, said Sport is returned and dies again on the M8 at rush hour. He now has a Land Cruiser Thumbs Up

Post #295153 25th Nov 2014 5:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1