Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > going to purchase 22"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

paul_h_8 wrote:
I've got 22's on mine and although it's not as comfortable as the standard 19's it's acceptable for me. Although i'm having problems with getting a speed wobble between 50-70 and wheels have been balanced correctly.

I may be wrong but I'm sure I read that on the X5 forums they use some kind of spigot type spacer so that certain wheels centre correctly when bolted on.

Food for thought.
Question

Post #26358 25th Aug 2010 12:20pm
paul_h_8

2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

elpeede wrote:
paul_h_8 wrote:
I've got 22's on mine and although it's not as comfortable as the standard 19's it's acceptable for me. Although i'm having problems with getting a speed wobble between 50-70 and wheels have been balanced correctly.

I may be wrong but I'm sure I read that on the X5 forums they use some kind of spigot type spacer so that certain wheels centre correctly when bolted on.

Food for thought.
Question

Any links mate

Post #26402 25th Aug 2010 8:08pm
PJS

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Whenever i think of 24/26" wheels, these ones pop into my head for some reason..

Post #27231 4th Sep 2010 6:46pm
DDsRR

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

I have 22 and not to much of a problem maybe a bit pricey on tyres and more bumpy than standards but just livable for the styling.
problem comes with tracking as most garages have a max of 19" and the place i got mine done the max they could handle was the 22"
any bigger and they look silly any way Shocked
Laughing

Post #27239 4th Sep 2010 8:20pm
jollymuckshifter

2010 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

I USED to run 22" and have to say that they are more trouble than they are worth.Go anywhere near a kerb and it will cost you,go anywhere near a pothole and it will cost you.Stick to a maximum of 20" wheels IMHO.

Post #27243 4th Sep 2010 8:37pm
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

I'll stick with my 18" as I'm like my car, built for comfort not speed Wink Maybe one day when I have tinkered with all the hobbies I'd like a go at I'll think about 19" rims.

Post #27256 5th Sep 2010 7:36am
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi, i run 22's yes the ride is a little more bumpy but as a hole i am very happy with them, i am aware of them when parking and i would dodge pot holes with them but i would do that with any rims. but when it come to looks i think you cant beat them, V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #27258 5th Sep 2010 10:45am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

NO

19" my choice.

Post #27259 5th Sep 2010 11:43am
Richcl

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Just took the 22 inch rims off mine, the first thing that struck me, was the weight, they are bloomin heavy!! Shocked

Post #29786 29th Sep 2010 7:43am
scene247

United Kingdom 

I'm gonna be careful what I say as I don't want no hip hop rappin' gangsta to pop a cap in me...

BUT,

You go and buy what is considered by a lot as one of the best all round cars in the world. That is specifically made to be strong adn rugged and again a world class performer off road. Then in one moment of vanity (IMO insanity) change the wheels to some ridiculous sized rims with rubber bands around them and instantly are scared to go over a pothole in the road.

I think Land Rover should give up right now, forget the off road abilities altogether and invest in fixing all the pot holes in the road!

LMAO! Rolling with laughter

Post #29791 29th Sep 2010 9:06am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I hear Mr Ed "New Generation" Milliband will be adding a new oversized wheels tax to Labour Party tax policy as they are a sign of conspicuous consumption which is associated with Investment Bankers ........................ 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #29792 29th Sep 2010 9:14am
Richcl

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zermatt Silver

scene247 wrote:
I'm gonna be careful what I say as I don't want no hip hop rappin' gangsta to pop a cap in me...

BUT,

You go and buy what is considered by a lot as one of the best all round cars in the world. That is specifically made to be strong adn rugged and again a world class performer off road. Then in one moment of vanity (IMO insanity) change the wheels to some ridiculous sized rims with rubber bands around them and instantly are scared to go over a pothole in the road.

I think Land Rover should give up right now, forget the off road abilities altogether and invest in fixing all the pot holes in the road!

LMAO! Rolling with laughter

Hence why mine have been removed, have got 18 inch, shod with some nice all terrain tyres Very Happy

Post #29793 29th Sep 2010 9:17am
scene247

United Kingdom 

Rich - nice one and well done. Wasn't aimed at you at all.

In fact I've jsut been educated by one of the "cool" kids in the office that I'm an old out of touch fool.

Anyway this has made me think and I've worked it all out, on my own, it was hard going with my old head but hear me out...

It's conspicuous consumption as Tim pointed out. And only those with seriously far too much money can do this basically saying "I've got so much money I can take an expensive car and ruin it without caring, cos I'll just get another one or new wheels at £10k if needed!" For oldies like me it can be likened to fat cats using £50 notes to light their cigars in private members clubs (as we are told is what they all do!)

...then I came across this and have changed my mind again, it's just that they are all professional clowns working in the circus and the RR with big wheels is a prop, like the big feet, nose etc.

Rolling with laughter (maybe Freud would suggest I have a variation on the Oedipus Complex, who knows)

Post #29802 29th Sep 2010 9:53am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

OMG, did he have to put it into off road height just to cross that little gutter. Could have been worse I suppose, they could have been spinners as well as looking awful 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #29823 29th Sep 2010 2:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12