Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > FSR changed but still blower on all the time
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RJPeaker

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
FSR changed but still blower on all the time

Hi all,

I've just got my 2nd Td6 after a gap of about 3 years. Went to collect the car and didn't notice that the blower wasnt working as the temp in the car was just fine. Only when I got back in and needed heat did I realise the blower wasn't working, the reason being the owner had pulled the 50A fuse !!

So the blower was on all the time even when ignition off. So, did my research and ordered a new FSR. Spent the last 2 hours fitting it (whoever said it only takes 30 mins had their fingers crossed behind their backs lol) and now no difference - EXCEPT that when the engine is on, and the blower is on - if I turn the blower off at the controls, then turn the engine off - and then turn the engine back on again the blower stops. Turning up the blower or setting to auto starts the blower again, and to turn it off I have to turn the blower down on the controls, turn the engine off and then turn the engine on again.

Weird.

Anyone got any pointers? The only thing I can think of is the new FSR I bought is also defective - but if anyones come across this before I'd very grateful of some points !!

Regards,

Richard.

Rolling Eyes

Post #302189 1st Jan 2015 2:08pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

hi richard and welcome to the forum..

not sure what might be wrong here but i'd re-check all the connections and maybe do a battery reset to see if that helps.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #302233 1st Jan 2015 6:40pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

You didn't put the old FSR back in by mistake did you? Laughing
The only other things I can think of are the new FSR is indeed faulty or the Hevac ecu has a fault logged on it for whatever reason or is faulty itself. There's nothing else in the control circuit.
As stan says a battery reset my resolve the problem but this is effectively what you are doing when you turn the ignition off.
You could try a hard battery reset whereby you remove both battery cables from the battery terminals and touch them together for about 20 seconds, reconnect, then see if anything has changed.
If all the above fails then I would suggest connection to a diagnostic unit to see what is showing.

Post #302243 1st Jan 2015 7:54pm
RJPeaker

Thanks all for your replies. I'll try the hard battery re-set to see if that helps otherwise it's off to my not so local, but very good, independent.

I definitely didn't put the old one back in - I'm pretty sure it was the original as it was a BMW part number Valeo part, and the heat sinks were massive!

Many thanks all again Smile

Post #302375 2nd Jan 2015 7:34pm
RJPeaker

I disconnected the battery, left it 30 mins and shorted the +'ve and =-'ve leads to discharge any capacitors. No change Sad So off to the diagnostic machine it goes !!

Thanks all again.

Post #302526 3rd Jan 2015 8:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1