Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > L322 Remote central locking and manual lock not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Josefino

United Kingdom 
L322 Remote central locking and manual lock not working

I have a great RR 2004 Vogue L322 which I've had for 4 years now but all of the sudden, it has started to develop one of those electrical gremlins faults which seem to happen. The central locking has stopped working. The key fob stars the car fine and it drives as always, without any problems, but it does not open or lock the car remotely or manually. I mean, even when I put the key on the drivers lock, the key turns on the lock but nothing happens, not locking or unlocking of the car. The key fob's batteries are ok, but when I press the buttons on it, nothing happens. I have tried to sinc the key fob with the car just in case but it did not seem to work. I can only lock the car using the button under the hazard lights switch inside the car, so at the moment, before I get out of the car, I lock it pressing that bottom and then open the drivers door and I have to leave it unlock, as I have no way of closing it.

One more thing that seems also not to work is once I star driving the doors used to lock automatically, but it does not happen anymore. I have checked all the fuses, but they seem to be ok. From checking around, I think it might be a problem with the BCU. What do you think? What can I do before I give up and take it to the dealers ?

Thank you all in advance for your help to this newbie.

Post #309862 2nd Feb 2015 2:24am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Hello and welcome... First thing to do is to do a battery reset (this resets distressed ECU's) find out how to in the site wiki section...
If that does not fix it then i suspect your car is in transport mode (it happens now & again) and will need to go on a diagnostic machine to check this...
& finally your drivers door lock extension bar has probably slipped out! (i presume when you turn the key there is NO resistance? Like your turning fresh air) So, remove door lock (hidden torx bolt behind a rubber grommet inside your door behind the lock) slide the lock out of the door and see if the extension bar has fallen down? You will see the end is much like a X head screwdriver and when you gently push the lock back in, this must locate into a slot in the mechanism and "voila" the key lock should work again Thumbs Up

If i were in your shoes, i would first do the door lock... Then the battery reset, then if that fails to work, either buy a diagnostic tool (search IID tool on here) or find a garage with diagnostics kit to check if for some reason your car has gone into transport mode?

By the way, are your interior lights working? Because that is another function of transport mode Rolling Eyes

Good luck and please report back your findings Thumbs Up

Post #309864 2nd Feb 2015 2:38am
Josefino

United Kingdom 

Hi and thanks very much for your super fast help. Yes, the inside lights are working ok. I will try your suggestions and let you know. Thank you.

Post #309868 2nd Feb 2015 2:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1