Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > My Air con didn't work, so I fixed it!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
sasdiscos

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Oh. And I'm not being cockey. I'm genuinely trying to give advice as an industrial refrigeration engineer. If I've offended then I apologise. I don't want to see people messing up there ac and it costing £££ to fix.

Steve You remind me of a young me, not much younger mind, perhaps even a little older!

Post #342110 12th Aug 2015 7:55pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

My leak is UNDETECTABLE, it is not the condenser, compressor, or any of the pipes and unions / O rings that are visible in the engine bay or from under the car. If I could find the bloody leak I'd have fixed it!

So I am now faced with removing half the interior and replacing the evaporator which may or may not be duff, and then praying that the undetectable leak has gone, or I can take a £50 punt and try and fix it myself. This may still fail in time and I'll be back to replacing the whole lot. I know that this is a bodge fix, the Super Seal states that it is 'F-Gas regulations compliant', wot ever that is, and it 'Repairs metal leaks in the evaporator, condenser, compressor, accumulator and receiver/dryer' I think that has just about covered the whole system.

I respect that you are a professional A/C engineer, and where the hell were you when I discovered I had a leak Wink I realise that you would only recommend a proper repair, I wouldn't expect anything else, but I ask you have you never put rad weld in to the cooling system to get you out of trouble? or what about puncture repair?.... in a can?..... most modern small cars don't have a spare, just a can of foam. There are lots of products that plug holes out there, they are not a permanent fix, but they can extend the life of something that's only half broken. Cos lets face it if there was a hole the size of a pound coin in my A/C system I would be able to find it and fix the problem Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #342129 12th Aug 2015 9:19pm
Zirconblue

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

ahh ok, so the 'sealer' contained in the oil, is similar in principle to those engine oil additives you can get for reviving weeping oil seals?

the super seal is more like radweld, tyre weld type stuff for plugging pin holes in the system?

Post #342134 12th Aug 2015 9:46pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

That's about it, the gas has an additive to do the rubber seals, but the Super Seal is rad weld for A/C Thumbs Up according to the can it reacts with the moisture caused by a refrigerant leak and seals the hole Bow down Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #342137 12th Aug 2015 9:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12