Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Speaker help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Steveo

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Speaker help

Good afternoon all I have came to a bit of a dead end all the speakers on the drivers side have stopped working so far I have done a hard battery reset I disconnected the earth then the positive leads touched them together for aprox ten seconds then left battery ten minutes before re connecting I hope this is the correct way and had no joy then I went in to boot and disconnected the dsp all 3 plugs on the top then re connect power came back to speakers for aprox 20 seconds then went off again has any body got any ideas I have had a look at getting a new dsp from eBay but they £300 and it's a bit of a gamble as I don't know it's that what's wrong cheers Steve

Post #343921 23rd Aug 2015 2:17pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Have you looked at the connections to the BM54 ? only that feeds the DSP with L/R and F/R sound, the DSP only brakes it up in to low, mid and high. Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #343935 23rd Aug 2015 4:29pm
Steveo

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I had a quick look but am not very clued up on how it works and what to check any help is welcome

Post #343939 23rd Aug 2015 4:49pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

As you look in to the boot, with the left hand panel removed there are 3 modules mounted on their sides on the boot floor (sicking up) as opposed to the DVD nav unit which is in normal orientation for a radio. The unit with loads of wires nearest the rear light is the DSP, next to it with a Blue and a White connector is the TV module, and in front of that, almost under the floor, is the BM54 unit. The BM54 is the radio and amplifier unit, the DSP is like an active crossover, and while it has some amplifiers in it for the sub and possibly boosting the signal. The BM54 is the main source of sound, and actually in the HSE / SE is sometimes the only amplifier in the car and there is no DSP.

All can suffer from water ingress, and therefore can also suffer from corroded connections. As I believe you managed a temporary fix by removing the plugs on the DSP , I would look at the large connector on the BM54 ( black, square,40 ish wires), as you may have disturbed this when removing the DSP wires, but the poor connection has returned. Oh and Electrical Contact Cleaner would be a good consideration Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #343954 23rd Aug 2015 5:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1