Home > Technical (L322) > IID Tool HELP!!!!!!!!!! Milton Keynes Area
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
miggit

United Kingdom 
IID Tool HELP!!!!!!!!!! Milton Keynes Area

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've brought the BT tool and I can't get it to work Sad It is driving me nuts Banging Head ,is there anyone near MK that might be able to help, as at the moment it's all in danger of going back with a snotty letter.

I did once manage to get it to connect, but since I have activated it, it wont connect at all just says that the bluetooth is fubar'd and to turn it off and try again. Well I have 50 times and given up Evil or Very Mad

Thought that I'd update the software, to see if that would help, but the bloody thing keeps on telling me to unplug it and reconnect, press OK, and around we go again Censored Censored Evil or Very Mad

I have now had a sense of humor bypass, and I'm getting very miffed, I knew that there was a good reason why I'd stayed away from cars with fuel injection, bloody computers Evil or Very Mad Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #348527 19th Sep 2015 3:18pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

the bluetooth must be version 4 on your device (phone,tablet,etc)

the only thing i can think of is to re-install the software from the GAP site or send Patrick a pm, he should be up by now.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #348528 19th Sep 2015 3:26pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

I think that I've beaten it into submission Twisted Evil

Had to force install the drivers in the control panel, and it would appear to be cooperating now. That's not to say that I have re installed the update software several times, I think that 4 might be precise Evil or Very Mad
But having forced windows to look in the updater prog for the drivers, all would appear to be working......... but do I plug it into the car? Not sure if I could handle another bluetooth not working message just yet Laughing Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #348530 19th Sep 2015 3:45pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

As Stan says, just speak to Pat if you get stuck. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #348540 19th Sep 2015 5:38pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

you can still use the dash readout Paul.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #348550 19th Sep 2015 7:46pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Pat @ GAP is nothing short of excellent with these matters. Send him an email, he will sort it Bow down

Post #348566 19th Sep 2015 10:01pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Tomorrow will tell if all has been successful, after I threatened the computer with an introduction to my favorite tool in the box, a 4 lb ball pein hammer (real precision tool Laughing ), windows appears to be playing ball. I have up dated the software, which in turn reloaded the bluetooth software and connected to the phone immediately Shocked So spurred on by that success, I gave up for the day in the interests of sanity.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more Very Happy than Big Cry , when I try it in the car again. And then I can go back to the original job of power flushing the gearbox........... I had the car all leveled up and ready to drop the oil when I thought that it might be a good time to breakout the IID tool Sad and then it really took a nose dive when I realised that I didn't have a container big enough to hold, let alone see / measure the 10 + litres that the gearbox was about to spit out Shocked Censored Censored Big Cry Happy Days.......

And before someone points out that I only need to drop the oil and not power flush, the place that rebuilt the box did not use Texaco 7045E ATF Evil or Very Mad Censored And they wouldn't divulge what they had used Censored Evil or Very Mad Censored So I am going to flush all the old oil out, I imagine that it's D3, as the garage was keen to change the oil at 12K, so I don't for one moment think that it's fully synthetic, but it will be Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #348570 19th Sep 2015 11:04pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Stan, mate, if you can read my dashboard readout on the screen of doom you are a better man than me, the reason that I got the bluetooth version is the fact that my dash is fubar'd Laughing

And having weighed up the costs involved, it was cheaper to get the bluetooth IID, plus I'm still getting last minute dot com work, so I can't have the car out of action for more than a day. But I now have an accurate water temp gauge that's fully functional Shocked that's more than the ffrr one, it's normal starts at 70 deg C and is still reading normal at 95 C Shocked I haven't towed up any steep hills, so I don't know just how far "normal" goes, but judging by the way it was behaving on it's way back from Malvern, including best part of a mile staring at the clouds whilst going up Fish Hill (pre extra temp gauge), I think that "normal" can be stretched a few more degrees Laughing Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #348572 19th Sep 2015 11:17pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Stan, mate, if you can read my dashboard readout on the screen of doom you are a better man than me, the reason that I got the bluetooth version is the fact that my dash is fubar'd Laughing

It's by far the best choice, working or otherwise. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #348584 20th Sep 2015 9:01am
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

what about connecting the iidtool directly to a laptop? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #348586 20th Sep 2015 9:12am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Mr. Green Mr. Green It works Thumbs Up

Spurred on by the example set by Japan, which I watched earlier today, I went and plugged it in, and it connected straight away Shocked , which is more than can be said for yesterday, Censored , thought that it would give me the ffrr treatment Evil or Very Mad Wink

And may I say that it's nice to see what the screen of doom was trying to convey these last few months Laughing Every now and then it made sense, but most of the time it was talking gibberish, which has turned out to be a pile of steaming rocking horse fertiliser Rolling with laughter Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #348615 20th Sep 2015 11:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1