Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Annoying blip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Van Diesel

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Mariana Black
Annoying blip

Our 4.4 TDV8 has started to blip. Only does it when the throttle is in a constant position.

Has done it twice in the last 24hrs, worse than in the past. It has done it a number of times where its just a small blip at around 60 or 70mph, but the last two occasions it has kind of been a double blip, like a cough. Once was at around 30mph, the other was around 50mph.
Never does it under acceleration. Ran some injector cleaner through it a few weeks back but has continued to do it.
Any ideas?

Post #360448 4th Dec 2015 10:28pm
Van Diesel

***UPDATED***

Ok, been several views on my above post but no comments.......

Yesterday and today the RR has done about 380 miles of mainly motorway driving and the blips are getting worse and more frequent. On todays drive it seem to be running a bit rough, and although its no slouch seemed to be slightly less punchy than usual.
I think it needs to re-gen the DPF. Very similar symptoms to a BMW 330d we had which after driving a 20 mile stretch of dual carriageway 3 times back to back, it eventually kicked in. Felt very rough during re-gen but eventually after a big black cloud blew out of the exhaust it cleared itself and was fine.

On a 190 mile trip I was hoping it might re-gen itself but no light came on at all and I'm wondering if it wants to re-gen but can't?
My D4 does it on a pretty regular basis, no light on dash but you can hear the change in exhaust note while its doing it. D4 does a lot more miles on a daily basis so gets more opportunities to re gen.

RR tends to be less frequent shorter journeys with 50 mile round trips occasionally. Thought a 3.5hr non stop drive of between 50-110mph might be enough to trigger it??

Any thoughts about what to do next?

Post #364537 30th Dec 2015 5:29pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Mine does this on occasion, I think there is a software update for the injectors available which cures it, but I haven't done it myself as yet. There is some info on here about it somewhere. A search may bring it up.

Was discussed here with a link on....

www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic33941.html?hi...are+update[/url] There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #364539 30th Dec 2015 6:09pm
Van Diesel

Thanks @Northernmonkeyjones

I'm also wondering if the injectors may be an issue. Have had a search and read similar with a fault code reading. If it is an issue with the injectors, is a fault code reader likely to show up any issues even if there hasn't been a warning on the message centre??

Post #364554 30th Dec 2015 8:17pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Not sure if it would throw a fault up tbh, as from what I've read there seems to be errant data sent to the injectors rather than a particular problem.

The closest TSB i can see for it is LTB00454v2 which deals with engine hesitation/powertrain control module update. but i don't know if this is the one folks are talking about Thumbs Up There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #364563 30th Dec 2015 9:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1