Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > DPF - is it an issue?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
sagalout

2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey
DPF - is it an issue?

Test drove a Supercharged today convinced (beforehand) that it was the car for me. In all honesty I was quite underwhelmed. I'm not sure if I was expecting too much, or it's because I had a ride in a Tesla earlier this week which makes everything else feel slow, but it didn't have the power or torque I was expecting.

I haven't completely dismissed it yet, but I'm now thinking of the SDV6 or V8 diesel (test drove the V8 diesel and was impressed) but slightly worried about about DPF. I'm not sure if my current TDV6 has a DPF or not. If it does it's never been an issue, but if it doesn't then maybe it could be! My daily driving consists of a 30 miles commute (15 each way) consisting of 7 miles sub 30 mph and 7 miles at about 40-50mph.

Is that sort of profile likely to lead to DPF problems?

Post #366301 10th Jan 2016 12:45am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

No, its the school run mums that cause the issue, the car never gets warm, never mind up to temperature.
I am on my second V8 and it is in my view the perfect engine for this car. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #366323 10th Jan 2016 9:31am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

So Saga how did the sdv8 drive compared to the SC then ,did the sdv8 feel just as quick, good?

Post #366335 10th Jan 2016 10:59am
Pixelpower

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

Similar commute to yours, 15 mins each way (< 60). My DPF light did come on after 10 months, but took it for a 30 min run at high revs and it cleared it. 3.0TD6 here.

Post #366337 10th Jan 2016 11:07am
sagalout

I have such a dilemma now! After originally thinking 2013 SC Autobiography, I'm now thinking 2015 V6 Vogue!

I've driven all 3 engines over the past 3 days, as well as a new Sport. The SC was definitely faster than the diesel, but whilst the engine was super smooth it seemed to lurch a little more through the gears. Also although the car only had 13k miles on it, it felt older and not well prepped with error messages on the dash and a few mysterious rattles. As mentioned though, I expected more from the engine going by the numbers, and whilst I really want to own a V8 petrol whilst they are still on sale, it just didn't seem to suit the nature of the car.

I then took the V8 diesel out. I could feel immediately less power, but plenty of smooth grunt. I took it for a mixed 20 mile drive and was impressed. The car felt a lot tighter (it was a 2015) and certainly fast enough. On one dales road I found the ride strangely wallowy though - I think it may have been the active suspension trying to keep up with the very uneven road.

Unfortunately that car was out of budget as it was an autobiography at £87k. I then took out a 2015 Vogue V6 today. Again, whilst there is a noticeable drop in outright power, it was still plenty for the car, and it was certainly more nimble. The colour scheme is lovely in Coris Grey with ivory interior and wood trim. Only 15k miles and felt very new. It also has the deployable tow bar which I would need for my bike rack (I have the manual detachable tow bar on my Sport). It also has the electric panoramic roof which I love. The main extras I'd miss (or at least I wanted) are the dual view screen and adaptive cruise.

So at the moment I'm verging towards the V6, and going for the newest car possible for the budget of about £70k.

Is there anything else on the SE or Autobiography that I'd be mad to miss out on?

Oh, I also took out the new Sport. Very nice, and an improvement on mine, but after experiencing the FF I've discounted it. The FF is just so much more refined and pleasant to drive.

Post #366411 10th Jan 2016 7:12pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I needed a tow bar - it's a very expensive retro-fit so well worth finding a car with one on.

The only thing that tipped me into a SE was the cooled seats - my wife loves them.

Dual view screen has never been used & the adaptive cruise is nice when it works well, but is inclined to pick up trucks in the next lane if you don't pull out well in advance - its quite embarrassing to pull out to overtake & the car slams the anchors on Embarassed I'm learning to drive around it, but I'm still not entirely convinced......

Post #366412 10th Jan 2016 7:18pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

I love adaptive cruise but you have to drive around it. Its shortcomings are however predictable.

Post #366416 10th Jan 2016 7:29pm
Pixelpower

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

I bought a standard Vogue with the extras I wanted. Chose cooled seats, pre-heater, coloured roof, swivel headlights, fog lights, 21's. The price was still less than the SE. Most of the SE extras just weren't worth the extra to me. Dual view - I'd never use it! Mostly it's just me in the car and I don't do many motorway miles.

Last edited by Pixelpower on 11th Jan 2016 1:21pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #366489 11th Jan 2016 12:21pm
362bkr

I must admit I love adaptive cruise and yet as said earlier it can be a pain in the backside when passing LGV s.

Post #366506 11th Jan 2016 1:10pm
sagalout

Well, decision made and I pick it up Friday.

Went for the 2015 Vogue mentioned in my last post after deciding the extra for the couple of options I ideally wanted just wasn't worth it.

Looking forward to it now!

Post #366903 13th Jan 2016 8:10pm
caymanblack

Congatulations Saga , look forward to the pictures.

Post #366924 13th Jan 2016 9:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1