Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Internal Cabin Heating is either hot or cold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
fatbob

Germany 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bournville
Internal Cabin Heating is either hot or cold

Hi,

I am not sure if the internal heating on my 2011 RR 4.4 Vogue is not working correctly, but it seems that even when I have the fans blowing on 1 light its either roasting hot or cold, the temperature control doesnt seem to do anything. Is this normal operating behaviour or is this a common fault? If its a fault where should I begin checking?

Thanks for any help!

Post #369737 31st Jan 2016 2:07pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

My experience has been that it makes a big difference whether the external temperature is below 5 degrees or not - if yes the fuel burning heater makes the car much warmer, so at the same temperature setting, with external temperature 4 degrees car is warm while external temperature 8 degrees and no sun to warm the cabin it will be colder.

In theory one should be able to choose a standard temperature for all year round, leave the setting at auto and have the car deliver that temperature. That did seem to happen on my 2004 petrol car until the final stage resistor started to fail, but the diesel seems to need the temperature turned up above what one would normally choose, especially when the external temperature is cool, but above 5 degrees. It seems more a shortfall of heating, in warm conditions the cooling effect is more consistent. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #369897 1st Feb 2016 2:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1