Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Questions re purchase of 6 month old car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
peekay

2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
Questions re purchase of 6 month old car

Hello all, it has been a while since I lasted posted, but regularly read the forum to help solve problems or questions I have. Not sure if I am posting in the right section, it is not an order for new car and the questions I have are largely technical in nature - if I am posting in wrong section let me know and I'll delete or feel free to move!

So, I am currently looking to change my 2012 MY L322 for an 4.4 autobiography L405. I am hoping to get one approximately 6 months old, which I believe would make it a 2016MY although I think some I have looked at are 2015.5MY - is there a significant difference between the two or is it just the 'In-Control' system? Given a choice is MY16 a must have over its predecessor or is it marginal ? The reason I ask is that from memory, when I purchased the last one, the step up to 2012 MY was quite significant and wouldn't want to inadvertently miss out on something.

The other question I have is surrounding the cabin fumes issue I have seen reported on this forum - do all of them suffer from this or is it a case of luck? Seems like if you get one that exhibits this problem it can be a pain to resolve, although sounds like there is now a working fix from LR, is that correct? However, more recent posts suggest the problem is back, in a different form, with the 2016 MY - is this people's experience?

Sorry for the list of questions, any input would be greatly appreciated and any further hints/tips of what to look for would be welcome.

Cheers

Last edited by peekay on 1st Mar 2016 5:01pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #375053 1st Mar 2016 10:24am
Pixelpower

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

Difference between 15.5 and 16 are minimal.

Faster(ish) infotainment
Stop start on SDV8
Better emissions, taking it below the £500 per year tax threshold
Washer for rear camera
Auto lowering on park
Gesture tailgate
Seat heater function via the knob

Thanks the lot I think. I have a 15.5 with the FBH and I use it all the time with no issues.

Post #375103 1st Mar 2016 4:54pm
Pfazz

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

As above but also includes terrain progress control. I have a 2016 AB and have had no problem with fumes in the cabin and I use the FB Heater regularly. Agueroooooooooo. 93-20
I swear you will never see anything like this ever again....watch it..drink it in.

Post #375135 1st Mar 2016 7:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1