Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Fault with service indicator?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
martinf

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black
Fault with service indicator?

The service menu on my MY2016 L405 indicates that a service is due although I have only done about 9,700 miles and the Service book states that the service interval is 16,000 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first.

Although the car has recently started showing a message that “Diesel Exhaust Fluid low” it has not been giving messages to show that a service is due even though if I enter the service menu it shows 0 miles to next service. However page 57 of the Handbook says that I should be getting messages saying that a service is due.

The InControl app on both my iPhone 5s and my wife’s iPhone 4 has been saying that a service was needed imminently since about 9,000 miles.

My conclusion from this is that there maybe a fault with the software on the car which indicates when a service is due.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Post #380295 1st Apr 2016 9:22am
pjb

England 

Personally I would get it to a dealer as I believe it will not run once it is out of adblue & that is a service top up item ! Paul
L405 now sold

Post #380313 1st Apr 2016 12:04pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Agree - book it in - but explain - if its a fault, or a leaking adblue tank or it really needs a service - it's a dealer job whichever way you look at it.

Post #380316 1st Apr 2016 12:25pm
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Agree with others too. Book it in. I'm not certain but I think one or two others have had a similar issue of early service indication. There might be a pdi stage that tells the car if it is on an extreme weather strategy or similar.

Nick 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #380323 1st Apr 2016 1:33pm
martinf

Its already booked in for a service next Wednesday. I felt that if the service indicator says a service is needed then I should have it done plus an early oil change does no harm.

I have raised this with the dealer but as it seems to be a software problem I suspect that the only thing the dealer can/will do is raise it with JLR. I therefore thought to ask if anyone else has a similar experience. Of course if you don't use the InControl app or actually go into the service menu to check you would not know that the car thinks it needs a service.

I assume that the Diesel Exhaust Fluid indicator is correct. This will be replenished next week.

Post #380329 1st Apr 2016 2:15pm
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

How old is the car? I can't tell as you refer to a MY2016 and your icon shows it as a 2016 SDV6 so if you bought it this year and it's saying service required, I'd be straight down to the dealer for immediate investigation , although as you say, surely a software issue. I have also been under a misapprehension, I thought the adblue was only on the SDV8 4.4L so is it on all the new diesel engines then guys? Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #380724 4th Apr 2016 4:21pm
martinf

It is 6 months old. I ordered it last summer and took delivery in late Setember. I think all diesel L405s use Adblue to be Euro 6 compliant.

Post #380733 4th Apr 2016 5:13pm
martinf

Turns out the Diesel Exhaust Fluid indicator was correct and it needed about 15 litres to top it up. Apparently a refill is typically needed after about 10,000 miles.

However the car did not need a service and the dealer has confirmed that the service interval is 12 months or 16,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

It seems that there was a software problem with the service indicator and the software has now been updated. The InControl app is no longer saying that a service is due imminently so hopefully all is well.

Post #381151 7th Apr 2016 1:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1