Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 2011 TdV8 Vogue SE - how does you blower motor and FBH work?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gbmud

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver
2011 TdV8 Vogue SE - how does you blower motor and FBH work?

I have been getting some (what I consider to be) odd behaviour from my ventilation system and FBH in my 2011 RangeRover Vogue SE TdV8. In order to help me decide if it is just me, I would be grateful if any owners of similarly aged/engined cars could comment on what their car does in these circumstances.

1. Using the remote to turn on the FBH in temperatures of -1 ambient when the car has been stationary and locked for 12 hours and the battery is well charged. How long does the FBH run for? Does it heat the inside of the car? Does ice melt off the windscreen?

2. Using timed climate in similar conditions, how does the FBH behave? The same way as using the remote?

3. Upon unlocking and opening the car door, is it usual for your blower fan to start up before touching the 'Start/Stop' button?

4. After arriving at a destination and turning off the car with the 'Start/Stop' button, does the blower fan start up? If it does, does it continue after you have locked the car with the button on the remote? Does the FBH and fan blower ever start after parking and locking the car? If either the blower or the FBH do run, how long might they go on for?

What mine does:

1. FBH runs for less than ten minutes, more like 4-5 minutes. Ice begins to melt at the bottom of the screen The interior of the car is not warmed.

2. Same as 1.

3. The fan will usually, though not always, start. Not just the 'whir' of the electronics running but proper blown air, perhaps half power.

4.The blower fan often starts (or increases from the 'Auto' setting. This will go on for several minutes at least. Sometimes the FBH will start, even with temperatures above 15C as measured by the car's ambient temperature sensor.

So, if you own a car similar to mine, please take a few minutes to say what your car actually does. If you feel you know how it should behave, please comment too.

Thanks for your help, I would really like this sorted while it is still cool enough to test so that I can rely on it next winter.

Cheers

Chris

Post #380294 1st Apr 2016 9:13am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

! & 2 I've never used the remote heat so can't comment.
3. No blower when I open the car door. I have the auto button turned to no lights though.
4. No, but see 3. The fbh will run on after the engine has stopped, especially if it was just a short journey eg from garage to washbay, there can then be clouds of smoke coming from under the car, but even without the smoke there is still a wind-down period.

Mine has occasionally come on above 5 degrees, but now it does seem to stick to the right start temperature and works as I expect - I did have the heater software re-done following a fault though. You might ask the dealer about getting that done, presumably it is just a case of plugging in and programming, so not especially time consuming? Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #380336 1st Apr 2016 2:50pm
gbmud

Thanks for the reply CS.

Surely someone else must have an idea how and when their FBH runs?

Cheers

Chris

Post #380762 4th Apr 2016 9:04pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

I have printed out of the workshop manual on Topix the section describing in full the Auxillary (FBH).heater.
It is 10 A4 pages.
Unfortunately I do not have a document scanner so I am contacting my local friends who may be able to help.
I will share it ASAP.

Post #380768 4th Apr 2016 9:33pm
gbmud

Thanks!

Chris

Post #380771 4th Apr 2016 9:52pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

FBH pdf now in wiki.

Post #380855 5th Apr 2016 2:29pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

the FBH can continue to run after the car is switched off and you lock it.

it should run for about 17 mins and heat the car nicely. there is a battery management software update which addresses this i think. Also do you have an AGM battery or a standard battery.

it will only run if the ambient is low enough though. Thumbs Up There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #380879 5th Apr 2016 5:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1