Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Climate control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Paul J.

England 
Climate control

I have owned a 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE for about a month now, and throughout this period I have been dissatisfied with the performance of the climate control (by contrast with the system in my previous vehicle, a D3)

The heating/cooling can be operated manually by adjusting the temperature setting (to minimum) and fan speed. Therefore, I know the compressor on the condenser is working and can deliver cold air in an instant. However, in automatic mode the cabin is too warm durng the early part of a journey, even with the temperature set to 17C. If you run the vehicle for around 15 minutes, suddenly the cool air starts to rush in. However, before such a period I am getting hot and bothered (even with the cooled seats). It is as though it takes the system this time period to wake up and realise what it should be doing.

I mentioned it to the dealer, and they stared at me blankly Confused . Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Could it be a dud sensor or a sensor out of calibration?

Paul

Post #3218 1st Mar 2009 11:29pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Paul

My one does the same I find turning the rear off helps but IMHO the system is not a patch on the D3

It might be the Passenger area is a larger space too Cool / Heat

Post #3223 2nd Mar 2009 8:03am
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

I had a Disco3 before and I never managed to get the climate to work properly. After a while it blew cold air, I even foam patched the sensor, but of course that didn't help. I find the climate control of the Range much better, although noisier. But, like you, I find that the controllers must be set almost at minimum (in my case 18 deg, in the Disco it was 21) to be comfortable. For a while I carried a thermometer in the cabin and it showed between 22 and 24 deg in the sensor area, even if the controls were all the time at 18. From time to time the temperature changes for some unknown reason and I'm using the center hot/cold mixer to adjust. In the beginning I found this adjustment dumb, but now I'm using it to fine tune the climate. I'm curious about the way it's going to work in the warm period...

Post #3240 2nd Mar 2009 1:28pm
Vigneron

United States 2008 Range Rover Vogue Supercharged Java Black

I have the same problem and it is making me crazy. 08 FFRR
Java Black/Sand

Post #3277 2nd Mar 2009 10:14pm
Paul J.

England 
Update

Car was in the dealers yesterday (so they could fit the correct part that they didn't fit last time - long story) and asked them to look at the climate control again. I had noticed that with the front controls set to minimum temperature the rear vents were blowing out hot air. Apparently the front and rear units are not communicating with each other - so it is booked in for a couple of days to investigate and (hopefully) put right.

I will update the forum in due course.

Paul

Post #4071 22nd Mar 2009 10:17pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I'm not gloating but for comparison and (touch wood) the climate in mine is too cold if an ything. Even in the summer I've not had it set at less than 20 degrees with the aircon on, below that its bloody freezing.
I know I must be lucky, my wife's BMW was a brand new car and the air con packed up after 13 months, and has not worked since.

She says that as she doesn't use it, it doesn't matter, I say that BECAUSE she didn't use it, that's why it's packed up so quickly. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #4076 22nd Mar 2009 11:38pm
dantheman

United Kingdom 

Quote:
She says that as she doesn't use it, it doesn't matter, I say that BECAUSE she didn't use it, that's why it's packed up so quickly.

RRUK - correct! From what I have learned in the past on ECS: you should run your aircon AT LEAST monthly because the seals on the pump (etc) are lubricated by a fine oil mist contained within the refrigerant... So lack of use tends to dry out the seals resulting in loss of refrigerant - and ultimately no aircon!!! Shocked

Post #4082 22nd Mar 2009 11:52pm
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Yep bang on BMW air con's I've got 1200 of the bloody things and Its a Censored of a job explaining to the tikes who drive them to leave the air con on all year round Big Cry

Post #4089 23rd Mar 2009 8:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1