Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > HDC and Air Suspension Inactive warning signs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
6029 king Stephen

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Rimini Red

Well the problem has been fixed by AHL Engineering of Ulcombe near Maidstone for a total of about £400. The culprit was a sensor on the bottom of the steering column. When the diagnostic machine was plugged in and the steering turned gradually until full lock was achieved, when the steering was turned the other way the sensor suddenly lost the amount of degree of lock and was quoting figures of 1,400 degrees. When the diagnostic machine was disconnected, the warnings disappeared until the steering wheel was turned and suddenly the warnings reappeared.

The sensor has been replaced and the suspension now works like it was supposed to. On the motorway, having achieved 70mph, the suspension lowered to the motorway setting and when I stopped and restarted, it had reset to the mid point. We have about 2 weeks left with the Range Rover before I have to drop it off for its voyage to Cameroon, leaving us only this weekend to enjoy some cross-country driving. I have seen a place called True-Grip based near Ashford who seem to offer what we need - I'll be contacting them over the next day or so to arrange something.

We have a mini adventure for the May Bank Holiday weekend involving a trip to Cornwall, during which I would like to get onto Bodmin Moor and/or Dartmoor.

Regards,

Steve

Post #323804 22nd Apr 2015 10:23pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Glad it's sorted, as I said before it would be a good idea to take an IID tool or similar if you are going out to Africa, a lot of faults need the tool to reset, they are easy to use and come with full instructions.... really is a must have.... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #323818 22nd Apr 2015 10:57pm
6029 king Stephen

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Rimini Red

Unfortunately, I ran out of time to get Bluetooth installed by anyone else and so I resorted to getting a sim card from Vodafone to operate the in-car phone which is better than nothing. My 4 weeks enjoying the car are now at an end but we did manage a weekend away with it in Cornwall. With a/c on at certain someone parts for the journey, we managed to achieve 17.7 mpg or 400 miles range for a tank load of super. The car was delivered to the shipping agent on Tuesday and should be in a container, bound for Cameroon early next week.

Only 8 weeks until we are reunited.....!

Almost forgot, I had the car serviced last week including gearbox oil change and front pads/discs done for £630 at Bourne Performance in Sittingbourne.

Regards,

Steve

Post #326892 9th May 2015 2:02pm
mrblonde

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

I had the HDC and air susp inactive error recently, and as others have said it was down to a low battery (bloody FSR draining, again! - so the fuse has been pulled for now, until I fit a new one)

Had the TD6 remapped last week and the guy kindly reset the fault as the old 'lock to lock' trick didnt work, he put a trickle charger onto it for half hour while he worked and then reset the fault from his laptop, now all is good!

Post #327234 11th May 2015 8:29pm
Rangegeek

United States 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hello everyone hope you all well had the same problems with suspensions acting up and my mechanic found a problem with the steering angle sensor so we bought one and replaced it. Any chance someone can help with sending me the software link to reprogram the new sensor ...greatly appreciated and yes we have the dongle just need the software or any advise anyone thanks in advance

Post #412705 8th Nov 2016 10:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12