Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Lost power steering and can't get into the back of the car!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ross161

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
Lost power steering and can't get into the back of the car!

Hi all

Only had the car for 3 weeks, but last week my driver's door external release cable snapped.. this seems to cause a chain of events, or might just be coincidence.

At the exact same time the cable snapped, the rear doors, fuel filler cap, upper boot release and power steering all stopped working, so my only means of entry to the car was via the passenger door.

I installed a new release cable, so I could at least use the driver's door. This didn't fix the other issues.

Then I installed a new driver's door latch, as the old one had a habit of sounding like a machine gun and not locking first time around. This now works a treat, but still can't get in the back seats or the boot.

I have found the emergency fuel filler cap release so I can keep driving, but it's annoying to say the least, not being able to access the rest of the car... Also my arm muscles are like Popeye after a week of no power assisted steering.

I have today received an IID Diagnostics tool - I have used this to clear any errors (there were a few relating to lost comms etc.. and a couple of "Unknown" errors. This didn't help. I also enabled / disabled transport mode, as other forum posts mentioned this may be the issue. No help.

I have re-synced the keys, this didn't help. The keys open the door fine, just not the rest of the car. The internal button for the locking only opens / closes the front doors.

I have checked and double checked all wiring behind the driver's door card, although the problem existed before I took the card off.

I have checked all connections to the BCM, it is nice and clean, no skid marks and connectors are secure.

I have checked all fuses in the glovebox and boot with a multimeter.

Also done a battery reset.

Anyone have any ideas??? 2007 4.2 Supercharged

Post #428800 22nd Feb 2017 4:31pm
ross161

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Update - for anyone with the same symptoms...problem sorted, for now.

IID tool showed various errors relating to "ground to earth" and "ground to battery" on central locking relays and boot release relays.

I removed the BCM and connected / disconnected the big connector under the passenger seat, and as if my magic I can open the doors again, and I no longer need Geoff Capes' arms to drive.

Must be a loose wire or dry joint somewhere. I have now got a "suspension fault" error on the dashboard, even though the EAS is working fine. I think I will have a proper firk under the seat and clean all the contacts I can get to at the weekend. 2007 4.2 Supercharged

Post #428862 22nd Feb 2017 11:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1