Home > Technical (L322) > Multiple electrical faults mainly TV/Phone/Radio
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nubbin

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey
Multiple electrical faults mainly TV/Phone/Radio

(Deep breath) Hi everyone!

I have an '04 RR Vogue 4.4 petrol with LPG conversion. Over last weekend I noticed when I first started the car that the LR flash screen stayed on, and didn't bring up the usual radio/satnav/TV screen and pressing the (flashing) on/off switch did nothing. I thought it might be a gremlin, so went home, returned later turned the car on nothing - just as if the battery was completely flat. Jump started and everything was fine in terms of power, but I got a fairground lightshow of faults! All the ABS/ABC/HDC lights on the dash, air suspension fault, pump going mad pumping the car up and down. I plugged in my IID tool, and had a huge number of errors - firstly "Instrument pack checksum incorrect", then air quality sensor failure, bluetooth/TV/Phone/radio no comms to ECU, then EAS canbus failure, as well as a number of other faults. I drive the car a fewyards, and all the dash warning lights disappeared, the air suspension is active, instruments are working. However, I have no warning/information on the dashboard bar below the milometer etc. and the screen is on permanent flash screen. Lights etc seem to be fine and all other basic mechanical functions are present.

As with many others, I don't really know where to start to investigate the problem - can anyone point me at the likely common pathway for all this trouble? Thanks in advance Smile

Oh, I forgot - today I got a fault on the body processor of "Internal security fuse or canbus failure" if that's any help. Which it probably isn't. I'm sure there will be more to follow!

Post #431070 13th Mar 2017 5:37pm
alistairh

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Low voltage and a dying battery will light up the dash and give you lots of false faults. Can you check battery's voltage? I had the very same issue when mine succumbed to the cold winter..

Post #431072 13th Mar 2017 5:50pm
nubbin

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Hi

The battery did die a few weeks ago in the cold, but I had the RAC man check it over and he told me the battery was fine after a good recharge. The car had been sitting for a few days outside before the events described started, but the car fired up as normal, with no suggestion of low power from the battery. I will check later though, but the screen is still unresponsive, and none of the related functions are working. Thanks!

Post #431075 13th Mar 2017 6:22pm
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I would check the alternator output as mine was showing the same sort of problems that your experiencing but my alternator was only putting out just over 12v when it should be closer to 14.2v - 14.4v.

Regards ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #431077 13th Mar 2017 6:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1