Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 08 TDV 3.6 Vogue BATTERY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bluegreygreen Rangie

Australia 

nino_nino wrote:
I have same battery, my is original to the car so going on to 6 years old and still holding very well. you can look up date of the battery on the negative post, on top. first two numbers are weeks and other two year. my is 34 (mid september) 2011.
AGM batteries need slightly different charging algorithm which in my car I can change with IIDTool.

if the battery is totally flat do this:

Hi Nino.. Thanks for the info, however ...
I have looked thru but can not find where to change / check the charging settings using my id tool. I have a 2010 car with agm battery fitted but want to check how it is set as i am about to replace alternator and battery

Dave 2010 TDV8 Autobiography

Past - 02 & 03 TD6 And an 1984 Classic

GAP Diagnostics

Post #460230 10th Dec 2017 4:42pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Got to say that AGM was only ever fitted to the last of the ffrr's 2010_2012, all the rest had either an 019 or 020...

An AGM battery needs a higher charging voltage than a normal battery to get the best out of it... I'm not sure if you can change the voltage with an IID.

Further more, a heads up for those who need more electricity... LR fitted Varta batteries as OEM... but if you buy a silver Varta battery from elsewhere you will save about a third over stealer prices, and they come with a 5 year warranty, AGM only carry 3 year... why pay more for something that isn't suited to the car, and warrantied for 2 less years? It does not compute Rolling Eyes

And lastly an 020 is 110Ah, it is the largest capacity battery that will directly fit without a crowbar Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #460235 10th Dec 2017 5:06pm
nino_nino

Bosnia Herzegovina 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Santorini Black

Bluegreygreen Rangie, this is pic. of my on IIDTool

Thumbs Up

Post #460290 11th Dec 2017 9:17am
Bluegreygreen Rangie

Australia 

Cheers... But it does not say AGM anywhere?, Are you assuming hd means agm?, 2010 TDV8 Autobiography

GAP Diagnostics

Post #460348 11th Dec 2017 1:06pm
nino_nino

Bosnia Herzegovina 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Santorini Black

BBGR, it is the original battery to the car, so , yes I asume that H8HD means AGM.

nino

Post #460362 11th Dec 2017 1:47pm
austeve01

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

I had a somewhat similar issue with my RRTDV8 (08 Luxury 3.6). Battery was 18 months old when it failed to start. Can't remember what the warning was but I had the battery & alternator checked by Royal Auto Club (Qld) and Battery World (retail supplier) .. both saying the alternator was testing OK but but the battery was just in need of a charge. The battery was regularly charged every month overnight on a Ctek (7amp). I did as advised and charged the battery again. It was OK for a couple of days but then wouldn't start the car.

I took it back to the supplier and again it couldn't be faulted so I bought a new one and the other was sent back to the manufacturer for testing. Some 6 weeks later I got a call from the supplier saying that after several tests the battery was found to be faulty. They very kindly refunded the money I had paid for the new battery.

Post #460728 13th Dec 2017 2:35pm
Bluegreygreen Rangie

Australia 

nino_nino wrote:
BBGR, it is the original battery to the car, so , yes I asume that H8HD means AGM.

nino

Thank's buddy... Yes i guess that makes sense, These are the things people like Gap diag should be doing and putting down in some actual literature so that there products were actually of some use ... unfortunately as good as these diag companies are they are always half assed and semi professional at best 2010 TDV8 Autobiography

GAP Diagnostics

Post #460817 14th Dec 2017 4:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12