Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Finding out Warranty Work completed??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nigt3

United Kingdom 
Finding out Warranty Work completed??

Hi, I have just purchased a 2013 L405 and was wondering is there anyway to find out the history of the warranty work completed on the car (if there is any). I have got the online service history of the car but can't seem to find warranty work completed, thanks in advance!

Post #465002 18th Jan 2018 2:08pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

this always seems to be a bit hit or miss.

the service history online doesn't show anything but when the car was serviced.
If you want to know what warranty work has happened to the car, you have to find a friendly dealer.
In my experience "some" will go into what ever system they need to and print it off if you speak nicely but the majority will tell you not a chance.

Once of a time I also tried Landrover Customer relations centre and again I was told no way.

they usually try to spout some b/s like not connected systems or data protection etc (which of course doesn't apply to cars) but that won't stop them blagging it.

Post #465246 20th Jan 2018 4:59pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Re: Finding out Warranty Work completed??

Nigt3 wrote:
... L405 ... any way to find out the history of the warranty work completed on the car...

Nig,

Have you tried TOPIx?

If not, if you click on the below link, register for free as an 'independent' and enter your chassis number. If you pay a fee, you can get fuller information.

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com

After inputting your chassis number you will see that one of the information sources is:

Outstanding Campaigns - when doing this exercise for our car it says, There are currently no outstanding Field Service Actions for this vehicle.

Before buying the car, I found out what outstanding matters there were from TOPIx and a helpful Parts Dept and asked the seller to sort them all out. Before or after sale, you can still get them done though.

If you approach the Parts Dept of the main dealer you use, give them your chassis number, they can tell you what warranty work has been done on the car and email it to you (the dealer we use has its service departments triaged by a call centre. Staff often cannot answer queries. Rarely does a call to them result in a conversation with service advisors at the actual garage).

You can usually get through to the Parts Dept at the garage though and they tend to know their stuff Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Post #465340 21st Jan 2018 9:09am
Nigt3

United Kingdom 

Thanks for reply! I have tried topix web site and even paid for 1hours use to get more info but never got anything (or couldn't find anything) with regards to warranty work completed. I did see the message saying "There are currently no outstanding Field Service Actions for this vehicle" but what exactly does that mean?

Post #465420 21st Jan 2018 6:19pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

"field service actions" is where the manufacturer have identified a common problem and investigation or remedial work should probably be done whether a car exhibits the problem or not (but is likely to). Depending on the severity, it may result in a vehicle recall for affected chassis numbers (rare), but if not severe then the job may get done when you next take your car in for a service.

Then there's something called technical service bulletins. These are "fixes" usually to address known common problems, but only if the customer car has the fault...ie it may be a common fault but deemed only important enough to do anything about if failure has actually occurred. Even then some won't get done until, "the customer has lodged STRONG complaint". Of course your car has to be under warranty for either a field service action (unless safety or high media attention of the wrong sort) or remedial work under a technical service bulletin. Sometimes on a case by case basis they "might" make a goodwill contribution if a big known problem but the car is JUST out of warranty.

if TOPIX is saying "no outstanding field service action" then that is NOT a declaration of never having warranty work done (topix won't show that, only the dealers system can) - it is merely saying that any known campaigns for problems for your chassis number range have (allegedly) been dealt with. The car may well have had loads of warranty work done that were unique to your car - only the dealer can tell you (or the previous owners if you are somehow able to contact them). Smile

Post #465578 22nd Jan 2018 5:23pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Very helpful input Fleagle Thumbs Up

With ours, before buying, I got the 'what warranty work has been done?' history from an LR Parts Dept (not a Parts Dept for the group selling the actual car and they did not hide behind DPA). So it seems warranty work is or should be logged centrally.

Using TOPIx can be similar to a lay person reading a medical dictionary... you end up convincing yourself you've got something terminal! Confused

Post #465602 22nd Jan 2018 8:25pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Recall work should be written up in the service history - I was going to say service book, but I think they are a thing of the past now?

Beyond that step 1 would be to ask the selling dealer. After that you could ask whether they know the previous keeper and would ask that person if they would mind being contacted by you to discuss the car. If the previous keeper agrees, their contact details could then be supplied, or they could contact you. It is hard to get details of warranty work as there is no invoice, and maybe some things are done at a service without the keeper even being aware of it. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #465613 22nd Jan 2018 8:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1