Home > Technical (L322) > Hazard switch permanently alight
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Kiamaria

United Kingdom 
Hazard switch permanently alight

Hi,

I have a 2010 rr vogue only had it a few weeks, lovely.......However its been suffering battery drain over about three/four days. Not flat, but not enough to crank. I checked in the history and Q159 was carried out. She shuts down nice and prompt.

Now I can't find any draw from fuse removal, but when in the car and everything is shut down my hazard switch is permanently alight infact its always alight .... is this normal?
Every 4 or 5 mins when in shut down i hear a click from the back if the glovebox fuse board and the hazard switch light flicks of then back on at the time of the click.
The hazards work completely normally......

Any thoughts? Do i need a new fuse board?
If so can i self fit or will it need programming in anyway. Battery is brand new. If i use the car everyday or very other day then no issues, but left for three days and battery drops.

Any help appreciated
Steve

Post #465764 23rd Jan 2018 9:45pm
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Just looked at mine and switch is unlit when car locked. How that helps 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #465765 23rd Jan 2018 9:49pm
Tooltime79

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Not sure if this helps but when I have looked back at the warranty repair work that was done on my 2010 3.6 (before I owned it) I can see that within 300 miles of having Q159 done the fuse box and park sensor looms were replaced. No sure what the reason was for it all however the guy I bought it from did say he had problems with it going flat and they fitted a new fuse box.

Post #465774 23rd Jan 2018 10:34pm
Kiamaria

United Kingdom 
Update on battery drain

Just a quick update and hopefully some help for future users.

My battery drain was tracked down to the negative earth lead and more importantly the power monitor attached.
This was causing my battery drain and also preventing my hazard light switch illumination from shutting down, hence the clicking that was trying to shut it down but not achieving it. Dealer wanted to replace the CCF. Pleased to say I was suspicious
particularly after the quote for parts and labour, and this work would not have solved the problem.

Can't thank Elliot and his father at Turner Diagnostics at Hemel Hempstead for chasing this one down for me. Guys I will be back.

Incidentally fuse pulling would not weed this one out as its a perm live like the alternator and starter, hence me not finding the problem and seeking knowledgable help.

Hope this helps someone else.......
So now my hazard light is not constantly illuminated and shuts down properly when asleep and have my battery monitor is back and functional.

Post #466660 30th Jan 2018 9:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1