Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > For Sale & Wanted > June 2008 Vogue SE (08 Plate)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
td6 vogue

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Gazellio. You buy more RRs than the main dealers! Wink Bow down

Post #46888 21st Jan 2011 2:32pm
Seepee

United Kingdom 

Being very much a conspiracy theorist I am of the belief,with no evidence whatsoever I must stress, that the 2 big players are buying up all the available cars and selling without a discount to gullable panic buyers whereas the good boys are staying out and not playing so they don't risk upsetting their good customers.
Since dipping out on a great car a few weeks ago they seem to have gone up by about £2k so unless i can buy one privately at a reasonable price I'm going to wait until the end of March in the hope that prices soften as demand decreases.
Obviously I don't know if it is true but I've been told that there was a LR internal auction between Christmas and New Year of management and LRE cars and none met reserve and were all bought up post auction as a job lot by one dealer???? Banished back to RRS for the moment !!!

Post #46894 21st Jan 2011 3:27pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

td6 vogue wrote:
Gazellio. You buy more RRs than the main dealers! Wink Bow down

Yup Lookers Gary Elliott next Whistle

Post #46944 21st Jan 2011 8:42pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

Seepee wrote:
Being very much a conspiracy theorist I am of the belief,with no evidence whatsoever I must stress, that the 2 big players are buying up all the available cars and selling without a discount to gullable panic buyers whereas the good boys are staying out and not playing so they don't risk upsetting their good customers.
Since dipping out on a great car a few weeks ago they seem to have gone up by about £2k so unless i can buy one privately at a reasonable price I'm going to wait until the end of March in the hope that prices soften as demand decreases.
Obviously I don't know if it is true but I've been told that there was a LR internal auction between Christmas and New Year of management and LRE cars and none met reserve and were all bought up post auction as a job lot by one dealer????

You may be getting a serious case of Paranoia mate (latin term Rangeroveritous) Laughing

Post #46945 21st Jan 2011 8:44pm
Seepee

United Kingdom 

You might be right Gary but do you think they may soften if I wait until March? Banished back to RRS for the moment !!!

Post #46953 21st Jan 2011 10:06pm
letsavit2

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Just got look a little harder, loads of bargin range rovers out there, how bout this minter and 25 grand under budget.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2007-LAND-ROVER-RANG...5ade7c88f7

Get it quick before Gaz's buys it.... Laughing 2004 black Vogue TD6

Post #46957 21st Jan 2011 11:05pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Plus you also get a Bird called "Shell" to repair it Laughing Laughing

Post #46966 21st Jan 2011 11:27pm
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Gazellio wrote:
Seepee wrote:
Obviously I don't know if it is true but I've been told that there was a LR internal auction between Christmas and New Year of management and LRE cars and none met reserve and were all bought up post auction as a job lot by one dealer????

You may be getting a serious case of Paranoia mate (latin term Rangeroveritous) Laughing

PARANOIA GARY:!: I think not! Fox's car bought by you last week for no more than £37K now up for £43,495 Exclamation Bargin tis not Twisted Evil I think Seepee has a very valid point and you are not helping prove him wrong. £6,500 margin - Nice. Shocked 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #47012 22nd Jan 2011 6:13pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

Fox is aware of what I am asking (not yet getting) and was extremely happy with my quick fuss free purchase. I am not looking for a quick sale and can hold stock until I get the right buyer. If not I lower the price and so on...

I do not have to justify buying at the price Fox was asking and then selling as a dealer at the price that is lower than other dealers with similar cars are asking.

I trust you are aware of the VAT, Tax, Warranty, Legal & Customer care obligations of a trade sale?

Anyway you are obviously niggled that Fox got what he wanted (a trade sale at the price of asking) and did not try to sell privately at a higher price but that really is none of your business my friend. Yawn

PS: And I have been trying to help Seepee find his new car (not sell him one) via PM messages so don't jump before you know the facts.

Post #47031 22nd Jan 2011 8:06pm
Dogman

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

IMHO if Gaz wants to invest his £XXXXX-XX in a vehicle, take the risk that it may not sell for however many months then the only person who can decide what's it's going to be advertised at is the investor.

As it sounds like Fox got the deal he wanted where's the problem?

The car may well be worth what it's being advertised, or more, or less but that's only to the right person.

I'm sure Gaz is not investing money in vehicles to provide a charity service to potential RR buyers so if he wants to stick it up for £30 k or £60k it's up to him no matter how much he did the deal with Fox for.

Yes £6.5k return on £30k I'd be happy but hey we're all big boys now no wool's been pulled over anyone's eyes so crack on I say.

Rant / Lecture / whinge over.................sorry Thumbs Up

Post #47033 22nd Jan 2011 8:20pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

Ajay(UK) wrote:
PARANOIA GARY:!: I think not! Fox's car bought by you last week for no more than £37K now up for £43,495 Exclamation Bargin tis not Twisted Evil I think Seepee has a very valid point and you are not helping prove him wrong. £6,500 margin - Nice. Shocked

Wow a dealer making a profit, SHOCK.

Rolling Eyes 

Post #47038 22nd Jan 2011 8:45pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

This is not really a conversation I need to have but lets not forget I am simply having a punt at an inflated price as any Dealer would do in current market.

It not yet a sale price and any deal is likely to be somewhat lower. I could of course ask anything but its what you actually sell for and the cost of that sale that counts in the end. A profit is certain but it will nowhere near the speculated margin/profit and it may take some time as most high value sales do.

However that is the last I will say on the subject as it was a (fully disclosed on both sides) private transaction.

And thanks for the supporting posts above (and below) Thumbs Up

Last edited by Gazellio @ Prestige Cars on 22nd Jan 2011 9:10pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #47039 22nd Jan 2011 8:58pm
Seepee

United Kingdom 

Thing to remember here I think is Gary took a punt on a car without seeing it not something I would feel confident doing and may not realise the margin he is asking and out of that as he quite properly points out he's got taxes and other costs to pay which will at least halve the achieved gross margin.
Bottom line is it's supply and demand,there are so few cars out there and lots of buyers,I tried to buy a HST in Yorkshire earlier this week and was in a queue of 7 !!! Banished back to RRS for the moment !!!

Post #47040 22nd Jan 2011 9:00pm
Jem0911

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Every car bought by a trader is marked up.

It's business.

Their business.

If anyone wants to play nip down the auctions with forty grand and buy some stock. 15MY SDV8 Vogue SE

Post #47041 22nd Jan 2011 9:03pm
Seepee

United Kingdom 

There were 2 earlier this week at an BCA auction in Nottingham and we considered going but when you add up having a day off and that lost income,probably paying about £38K with buyers premium,organising to have it delivered home ,£400 for detailing we decided that its best left to those who know what they are doing!! Banished back to RRS for the moment !!!

Post #47042 22nd Jan 2011 9:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>