Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Suspension leak, one corner dropping.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

It is worth reseating the pipe at both ends as if it doesn't get caught properly it will still work but will be loose I had this on my old p38

Post #448035 16th Aug 2017 2:15pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

and check whether the end has been trimmed when they put new bag on if at an angle it can allow a seepage under pressure

Post #448036 16th Aug 2017 2:16pm
hamlet

Ireland 2006 Range Rover HSE Td6 Buckingham Blue

Thanks Sandy, my gut feeling is that it's the connection at the strut end but it's pretty inaccessible with the strut in place.

I have had a quick look with a borescope but I heed to have a better look at this to rule it out , I only squirted a mouthful of water onto the connection through a pipe attached to the borescope and didn't see any bubbles but I need to have another go at this with a better spraying system and some soapy water, I didn't fancy blowing soapy water through a pipe onto the connection from my mouth....... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #448039 16th Aug 2017 3:13pm
hamlet

I had a bit of time over the weekend to have another look at this and unfortunately am no further on.

Spraying soapy water through a pipe attached to a borescope onto the connection at the strut end didn't reveal any leaks or bubbles.

I pulled off the arch lining on the drivers side to expose the front cross link valve, unfortunately again, after spraying the connections with soapy water there was no leaks or bubbles.

I disconnected the valve assemble, removed it, dismantled it, cleaned everything, reassembled, refitted, checked again for leaks, and.............nothing, except for the same corner dropping slowly.

Actually, it just occurred to me, perhaps I should have refitted the pipes the other way around to see if the problem swapped sides........hmmmm.......

So, assuming the valve is ok, which I'm not just because I cleaned it and didn't find any problems, or leaks, but assuming it is ok, then the problem must be either the pipework from the valve to the strut, the connection to the strut, or the air bag itself.

The hunt continues......

Post #448568 21st Aug 2017 2:32pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Mine started with "extended, reset height" etc....then progressed to "Suspension Fault" and onto "Special Programmes off" After a full fine tooth comb today, my worst fears are confirmed.....Compressor isn't packing a punch and the seals are shot.

Big Cry Big Cry

That coupled with the rather irritating rear end shunt of 3 weeks ago has me in a very unhappy place Big Cry Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #448588 21st Aug 2017 6:55pm
hamlet

Thanks Nick, but unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm not sure yet Rolling Eyes , I'm not getting any error messages or faults and the system is performing as it should except for dropping on one corner.... Rolling Eyes

Having said that, the longer it continues the greater the chance of it having a negative affect on the pump.

Post #448801 23rd Aug 2017 11:26am
hamlet

hamlet wrote:

I should have said earlier, after start up and after the corner has come back to normal height, but perhaps before it's reached full pressure, or before the reservoir is fully charged, if I drive forward a little and then brake I can hear a sort of hoot or groan from the front when extra pressure comes on it from braking, or if I turn sharply to the right putting pressure on the left corner.

I'm still no further on with the dropping corner as I haven't had time to investigate, but this hoot or groaning sound was nothing more than the power steering requiring a top up..... Rolling Eyes

I noticed a slight sound sometimes after start up and occasionally under breaking or turning to the right, which was engine speed related, heard it one morning after start up, turned the steering wheel and it was slightly louder, level was just off the dipstick, quick top up and the noise has disappeared, haven't had a chance to have a good look for leaks but nothing very obvious.

I need to take a few days off to show my FF some love, been busy lately sorting out a Mitsubishi L200 limp mode problem for a friend which was driving me crazy but finally sorted.

Post #450029 6th Sep 2017 11:47am
Simran0211

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I have been reading your column. Did you manage to find the fault and n the end as i now have the same problem 😱😭

Post #489213 18th Sep 2018 1:48pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

It may not be relevant but I had one of the rears dropping and of course feared the worst but it turned out to be a faulty height sensor - replaced it and had no problems since Very Happy Geoff

Post #489232 18th Sep 2018 5:28pm
hamlet

Simran0211 wrote:
I have been reading your column. Did you manage to find the fault and n the end as i now have the same problem 😱😭

No, I never got it sorted but in fairness, I didn't really look at it too much either.

It's over a year now and it hasn't gotten any worse, of course it hasn't gotten any better either....... Whistle Rolling Eyes Very Happy

TBH, I had expected something to have given up completely at this stage but it's all just still the same.

I was talking to an indie last week and I just happened to mention it to him and he seemed pretty sure it was the bag, realistically the only way of really knowing is to take it off, stick an airline on it, dunk it in a bath of water and look for bubbles but I just haven't had the time to do it.

I know it's eventually going to just let me down (no pun intended) and then I'll have to do something with it.

A bit like my sticky starter at the moment which requires a bit of a slap now and again to encourage it to come to life.... Rolling Eyes

Sorry I haven't been more help and hope you get it sorted.

Post #489410 20th Sep 2018 1:50pm
Simran0211

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Ok thanks Thumbs Up

Post #489965 25th Sep 2018 10:48pm
will308f

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Orkney Grey

sorry i know this is a old thread ..but ive got the same problem rear left corner dropping overnight ,have replaced airbag, stripped cleaned and replaced rubber seals in valve block ,tried soppy water still the same .......but didnt cross my mind that it could be a height sensor as i haven't got an error messages ,but going to replace height sensor and see what happens

Post #656076 8th Feb 2023 9:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12