Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > remote heater control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jimmy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black
remote heater control

anybody have or have used the remote control to operate the heater ?? I have not yet tried the auto timer

Post #452 18th Dec 2007 9:20pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Yes, I use it on mine - of course it has to be fitted as an option. All the higher spec models have the auto timer feature however this is not linked to a fuel burning heater so will only blow cold air round the car.

The proper pre-heater warms the car in less than 5 minutes and cuts out after 30minutes. The remote has a fantastic range to it also. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #456 20th Dec 2007 10:23am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Chawton White

I wonder if you can extend the range by placing the remote against your head like you can with the remote keyfob? Halfway Down The Stairs,
Is the Stair Where I Sit.

Post #462 21st Dec 2007 12:22pm
jimmy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black
re remote heater

thanks guys, went back to dealer,and they fitted some new things made in China! think they are called batteries.
now all working well, a great asset on a cold morning. I am not sure re the auto timer,have tried it but a small amount of vapour comes from under the wheel arch,with my luck a observant passer buy might have a fire extinghuiser in his pocket !
so keep to the remote, at least you can be near the car.

Post #469 22nd Dec 2007 12:52pm
discopete

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Hi

I have got a TD6 Vogue with the FBH mounted in the passenger side wheel arch, I have not got a remote for this but, it has got the aux ventilation feature on the dash screen,

I have set the timer on this to come on in the morning but it just seems to blow cold air, Any ideas?

The FBH can be heard to start up once the engine is running on cold mornings so it is working but it just does not heat the car up, I want to be able to set the timer and get into a warm car in the mornings,

Seeing as i have the FBH would i have the remote feature as well, (not got a remote though) so if i bought a remote it should work???

Please help

Post #470 23rd Dec 2007 11:11am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Chawton White

I believe the FBH acts only as an engine pre-heater, not a heater for the car. Halfway Down The Stairs,
Is the Stair Where I Sit.

Post #473 24th Dec 2007 12:56pm
roverron

Belgium 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Ipanema Sand

A FBH is a std equipment in many "big" cars like suv and mv's, as the engine (often a diesel) is not able to heaten quick enough the interiour.In the FFRR TD6 the FBH is fitted as standard, it works automaticly when you start the engine and ambient temperature is below 5°C and stops when engine temperature gets warm (80°C)enough.
The RR option park heater control consist off two items: first is a remote control, key fob and reciever in the back right side of the range and connected to an antenna to operate from a distance as far as
300m. The FFRR is prewired and all is plug and play although there seems to be a small change in the wiring of the existing plug harness in the booth when one connects the Webasto reciever.
Second is a software upgrade, where one can activate the FBH through the central computer or dash sreen where instead of aux ventilation one can program the HVAC system also for aux heating. This last thing is Land Rover and will cost big money, no new hardware, only a software upgrade.
You will not be able to buy the remote fob key and reciever from Webasto as they have an agreement with LR not to sell these items non oem! You can try to order them at Webasto for another car like a Peugeot multivan as there is no agreement.
I've payed the LR dealer € 300,- for the Webasto reciever, keyfob remote and software upgrade in order to operate the FBH as park heater through remote and through dash screen.

Post #5059 18th Apr 2009 10:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1