Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > [TD6 MY02] Replaced LCM and nothing happened, literally!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Walter Skinner

Bulgaria 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey
[TD6 MY02] Replaced LCM and nothing happened, literally!

So I've lost all indications on instrument pack: no side indicators, no emergency lights, no clicking sounds, no warnings like check coolant or aursusp. inactive, PDC does not work - nothing: Youtube video.

After searching over the forum/internet the only logical solution was to replace the LCM.

And so I did. Got one used from ebay from the car with less mileage then mine, and replaced.

When plugging in the power, I "hear" something is initiating (but I've checked old original module, something is initiating too), but that's it, nothing changed at all: no side indicators, clicking sound, mileage hasn't changed (expected because of less mileage) but what's most disturbing - even no black dot which usually tells that mileage was manipulated.

Just like the car does not even know the module was replaced. My diagnostic tool can't ping not the old nor the new modules.

This greatly discourages so any advice will be highly appreciated!

P.s.: tried disconnecting the battery & touching the terminals, no luck.

P.p.s.: Had some water in the rear right light:

Click image to enlarge

Post #533415 7th Nov 2019 2:02pm
Walter Skinner

Quick update: PDC is back. I've just reconnected blue/white/black connectors to the PDC ECU and it started to work, all 8 sensors are fine, buuuuuut my diagnostic tool still can't see the PDC ECU.

Post #533594 9th Nov 2019 8:00am
Sandy Choda

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Are you sure the car isn't in 'Transport Mode'?

Post #533814 11th Nov 2019 5:05pm
Joe90

England 

Drill a small hole in the top and bottom of the rear light lens .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #533815 11th Nov 2019 5:16pm
Walter Skinner

Not sure about transportation mode, will have to try & check.

UPDATE: As it turned out, the radio acts up too: sometimes it does not work at all (while other functions of Head Unit work), sometimes it work but the screen is black but no picture (powered, backlit but black). Once it turned on on its own after 1 min I started the car. And now to really weird things: my radio works with the Head Unit removed (Youtube vid) - not sure if it is supposed to or not. And finally, last time I visited the car, I realized my German/Italian only Head Unit now has English & couple other European languages, but it never had them before. This happened somewhere same time when I've swapped the LCM (but if you ask me, I found it extremely weird for LCM to manage Head Unit local data!).

P.s. I've removed the Head Unit to see if instrument cluster lights will get back without it and instead figured out that the radio works without it.

P.p.s: After some research of BMW forums, I'm starting to blame the K bus and the idea is to start removing fuses one by one for all the systems connected to K bus & check the instrument cluster lights.

P.p.s. #2: Joe90, already got the new one Razz Old one has a crack and I don't like it.

Post #533822 11th Nov 2019 7:02pm
Walter Skinner

Ok, got an update here. Hooked up the diagnostic tool & got this various faults from:

- ABS
5a Temporary System Deactivation

- Steering
05 Steering Angle Sensor EEPROM fault

- Entertainment Display
03 I-bus communications failure to radio

- EAS
33 K bus fault
-----------------------------------------------

I believe this this "communications failure to radio" is what causing my absent indicators/clicking issue and I need to fix it first and then dive into the rest. I've replaced all the bushings at the rear & bushings+arms in the front & had wheels alignment performed - this is where (probably) ABS/Steering faults came from.

I've cleared those & drove approx 20 miles and they did not popped up, not even radio/EAS. Probably need to drive more.

Any thoughts on where to start except of the checking for water in the rear left corner?

Post #534183 14th Nov 2019 7:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1