Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Spotted > Unique Identifiers on your car, good or bad?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Vogue wrote:
Hi Adam, I too have though of this, offenders claiming their plate could have been cloned etc.

However, the Police would be unlikely to just stop there, they would probably start to look at other things like bank accounts - had the person concerned stopped at a shop or garage and paid for anything. If so they may have been captured by cctv or their debit card details could tie them to being in that specific area.

In this day and age there are probably too many "paper" trails to try and deny that you may have been in a specific area, probably end up in jail for perjury instead of a simple speeding fine Shocked

Like I said - Unless you were on the run for murder, the police would not go that far in chasing down a speeding offender. Trust me! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #16800 17th Apr 2010 12:54pm
hoppy_70

England 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

The police definately woudn't go to those lengths! You need all kind of authorities to look into private information like phone records and bank account (a judge needs to authorise that 1). They ONLY give authority where it's proportionate to the offence ie NOT speeding!

You CAN however get locked up for perverting the course of justice if caught. A guy in Manchester was caught unscrewing a 40 sign and putting it up near the (30mph) speed camera that had caught him. He didn't see the CCTV camera pointing at the sign though...... DOH!!

Post #16819 17th Apr 2010 9:16pm
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

hoppy_70 wrote:
The police definately woudn't go to those lengths! You need all kind of authorities to look into private information like phone records and bank account (a judge needs to authorise that 1). They ONLY give authority where it's proportionate to the offence ie NOT speeding!

You CAN however get locked up for perverting the course of justice if caught. A guy in Manchester was caught unscrewing a 40 sign and putting it up near the (30mph) speed camera that had caught him. He didn't see the CCTV camera pointing at the sign though...... DOH!!
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter that sounds like something the chavs round here would do "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #55751 20th Mar 2011 8:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12