Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Events > SGRC run Killin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
SGRC run Killin

2nd meeting of the SGRC will take place on 17th April - meet up point is Killin car park for 1030 depart. I'm not sure which route we will be doing as there are at least 3 quite long runs out into the hills on private shooting roads. No special tyres needed, just fuel, picnic, family/ friends and £10 for the day or £25 for lifetime club membership (plus £10 per event!). The routes are all FFRR friendly 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #59517 8th Apr 2011 9:43pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

This sounds good, but I'm working that weekend unfortunately! Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #59537 9th Apr 2011 9:30am
allycraven

Scotland 

Cracking part of the country - lived and worked there for a year back in 1996. Many a cool pint drank at the falls of Dochart....also, drove my first LR there as well .....Good memories... Cool

If i wasn't also away that weekend I'd be there like a shot.

Post #59548 9th Apr 2011 10:36am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

What a cracking day to be going off into the hills in your landie............... very pleasant up on the tops, no midges but still a chill in the air out of the sun and still snow on the higher mountains too

Click image to enlarge

15 other Land Rover products were also out for the day

Nothing difficult, no need for low ratio unless you really wanted to play, hard packed gravel with the odd pothole and tarred sections below the hydro-electric dam. AND I got sunburned!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #60753 17th Apr 2011 5:41pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

them are all very clean tim... Laughing

spectacular scenery mate.. Wink ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #60772 17th Apr 2011 7:10pm
Tim in Scotland

Yup, no mud plugging, no rock climbing, just a day out in the hills for those who don't like to do that sort of thing. Everything on laid tracks that are amazingly in better condition than some of the public laid roads are round here after a winter of heavy snow and freezing for weeks! I do have some mud splashes on the wheels and sides though from a few larger puddles that 10 others had driven through before me. Couldn't do anything too wild as I had my parents out for the run today, not that was any opportunity to do any wild things. That's the problem with our access rights up here - you cannot just drive off the road into the wilds like the Salisbury Plain outing, you ahve to have the permission of the landowners up here and if you damage their land they often won't let you back in 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #60773 17th Apr 2011 7:14pm
Contraband

Scotland 

That looks like a good day out Tim... When is the next one? We are not too far away in St Andrews.. Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #60791 17th Apr 2011 11:07pm
Tim in Scotland

Next event is 1st May I believe. Not sure of the exact location but have heard that it will be meeting up at Tarbert carpark, opposite the Tarbert Hotel, on the west shore of Loch Lomond which is quite a hike from St Andrews early on a Sunday morning! Usually meet at 1030 for 1100 departure to the lanes. What I do know is that the club is hosting a group of some 20 Dutch Land Rover owners for this drive wherever it goes so there will be a lot of cars there which might spoil the peace and quiet of the countryside.

I won't be able to make it but for more info please keep an eye on the website at www.scotgrc.co.uk 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #60808 18th Apr 2011 8:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1