Home > Technical (L322) > [Help Needed] Air Suspension TDV8 3.6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
theanswers

Ireland 
[Help Needed] Air Suspension TDV8 3.6

Hi All.

I've been posting about this topic on and off for the past 6 months. Let me explain!

I bought a RR L322 3.6 TDV8 Vogue SE to use on my honeymoon in the highlands of Scotland. I've had lots of Land Rovers in the past, and this was the perfect vehicle of choice. I always intended to hold on to it afterwards. Nevertheless I've been having Air Suspension problems for my entire ownership. Now, I always thought I had a good grasp of Air Suspension having fixed it on my P38s & Disco 3 & L322 in the past but this issue really has me confused.

OK, the error I got was (C1A13-64). I understand for the most part this has to do with the Exhaust valve. Therefore, I figured I would just replace the compressor and everything else in the boot. I tired this and had no luck. I then replaced the three valve blocks (second hand parts). Still no luck.

Then the other day I bought a IID tool and said I'd update the firmware. This I did and I incorrectly selected to erase the height values inside the ECU.

Nevertheless I figured I would just reprogram them. (despite the fault Exahust valve the vehicle still held height).

So I went inside having raised the vehicle manually using my IID tool. The next day when I went outside I notice the front and rear was very low. Almost on the bump stops. I had figured my front left strut was leaking a bit, and had actually ordered a replacement strut to fit.

Now, another second hand compressor/ dryer/ rear valve block which I bought on eBay for pennies arrived and I fitted it. This eliminated the exhaust valve problem, but the compressor motor in this unit wasn't working. I'm not in the process of removing the exahust valve from this unit and fitting it to my unit with the working motor. This should give me the perfect combination of Compressor/ exhaust valve etc.

However, no matter what I do the front will not raise. The rear raises very slowly, but the front won't at all. This is dispite me doing it manually on the IID tool.

What folks could be causing this? Bearing in mind all I did was erase the height values. I cannot reprogram the height without the car raising and it won't raise on the front as it should.

Feedback is most welcome. I've literally thrown lots of parts at this (probally stupidly), but it hasn't worked really. I've solved almost everything if only I could now get it to raise. The pressure inside the gallery is approx 1000 KPA when the compressor runs for a while.

THE END! Rolling with laughter

Post #623194 10th Feb 2022 8:07pm
Jayk69

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

have you checked the airbags and lines for air leaks? soapy water in a spray bottle is your best friend here.
check the obvious first looking for leaks. 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - Current
2014 Navara V6 - Gone
2004 Vogue TD6 - Gone
Grand Cherokee - Gone
Discovery V8 (LPG) - Gone
Discovery TD5 - Gone

Post #623253 11th Feb 2022 9:59am
theanswers

Ireland 

Morning!

There was a leak on the front left strut, but I don't think this is the general problem. This may have caused the front to lower to the bump stops after I cleared the height values, but still that shouldn't stop it from rising up.

Im starting to think the issue is completely compressor related. I'm going to attempt to rebuild the one I have here and failing that will order a brand new hatachi.

This morning, I swapped out the front valve block with one which I knew was working and checked the lines to make sure they are in the right place, which they were.

So as I said ; next stop rebuild or new compressor (Hatachi!)

Post #623540 13th Feb 2022 11:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1