Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Press reviews
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
RDR

United Kingdom 

I’ve just cancelled a taycan ct order for the L460. Whilst we have owned BEVS since 2014 and are fully aware of the challenges around range and weather impacts the thing that niggled me was the driver interface and functionality looked and felt suspiciously similar to mrs RDRs current vw id3 which is as sketchy as frig. Errors daily, unpredictable safety feature disabled messages and generally poor user interface design. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #626852 23rd Mar 2022 10:25pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Jeeeeeezzzzzz - These stories surrounding electric cars get worse - I never realised they had so many potential issues.

A friend of mine who's a car dealer, claims another reason used car prices are going up and up, is not just because of reduced production and chip shortages, but also because people don't want electric cars. Seems these comments probably reinforce this belief!

Post #626854 23rd Mar 2022 10:57pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

7 CDB wrote:
No worries, it’s an honest appraisal after 2 fully electric cars now - we won’t be having another for a good few years yet - the real world range, charging structure and manufacture range promises are way out ! Ignore the electric Taycan/Tesla fan boys they are a strange bunch and their cars are the best* to them 😂😂

The 992 is an amazing bit of kit - I had a brand new 992S cab on demo and it was sublime and a lot quicker than the figures say aren’t they! I was almost there and my lad loved it -
Went sensible with the Taycan 🤦🏻‍♂️ That was a bolloc dropped as my non car wife was even on board 😂😂 but I had just got rid of the AM V8T so was being good 😂😂
If the timeframe works for you then that’s something to really look forward to👍

My ideal “real world” garage is a new FFRR and a 911T cab

I have a MY20 spectacular looking 992 Carrera S with the aerokit for sale if you’re interested? You can have it in a fortnight and I’d be surprised if you lost more than a £ if you run it over the next 12 months. Porsche have zero stock in the UK and very little coming through this year!

Post #626855 23rd Mar 2022 11:03pm
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

RDR wrote:
I’ve just cancelled a taycan ct order for the L460. Whilst we have owned BEVS since 2014 and are fully aware of the challenges around range and weather impacts the thing that niggled me was the driver interface and functionality looked and felt suspiciously similar to mrs RDRs current vw id3 which is as sketchy as frig. Errors daily, unpredictable safety feature disabled messages and generally poor user interface design.

The ergonomics of the Taycan are terrible- they really are not user friendly - it’s a pity as with being a Porsche I thought they would of mastered it. Too quick to market and too many ongoing software issues for me.

Post #626874 24th Mar 2022 7:46am
7 CDB

Christonabike wrote:
7 CDB wrote:
No worries, it’s an honest appraisal after 2 fully electric cars now - we won’t be having another for a good few years yet - the real world range, charging structure and manufacture range promises are way out ! Ignore the electric Taycan/Tesla fan boys they are a strange bunch and their cars are the best* to them 😂😂

The 992 is an amazing bit of kit - I had a brand new 992S cab on demo and it was sublime and a lot quicker than the figures say aren’t they! I was almost there and my lad loved it -
Went sensible with the Taycan 🤦🏻‍♂️ That was a bolloc dropped as my non car wife was even on board 😂😂 but I had just got rid of the AM V8T so was being good 😂😂
If the timeframe works for you then that’s something to really look forward to👍

My ideal “real world” garage is a new FFRR and a 911T cab

I have a MY20 spectacular looking 992 Carrera S with the aerokit for sale if you’re interested? You can have it in a fortnight and I’d be surprised if you lost more than a £ if you run it over the next 12 months. Porsche have zero stock in the UK and very little coming through this year!

Ideally would want a cab, but if you could message me some pics, spec and price etc I can have a look 👍

Post #626875 24th Mar 2022 7:48am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

I could be tempted too letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #626876 24th Mar 2022 7:56am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

The reality is that we now have to plan way ahead with these new car orders (first world problems etc). I have a Porsche 991.2 and had always planned to replace it with a 992.2, but it looks like I really ought to think about ordering it now.

Quite a shift in mindset given the last few years of spoilt spontaneity!

Interesting about the Taycan. I'd considered one myself, but have heard - anecdotally - a number of similar stories. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #626884 24th Mar 2022 10:26am
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

If you want a 992.2 within the first 2 years of production, I’d definitely jump on this now!

Post #626892 24th Mar 2022 11:13am
LeunamRR

Portugal 

The man was speechless!

Post #628048 7th Apr 2022 7:03pm
oop north

United Kingdom 

aja500 wrote:
Jeeeeeezzzzzz - These stories surrounding electric cars get worse - I never realised they had so many potential issues.

A friend of mine who's a car dealer, claims another reason used car prices are going up and up, is not just because of reduced production and chip shortages, but also because people don't want electric cars. Seems these comments probably reinforce this belief!

How does that fit with the proportion of EV sales continuously increasing month by month? We are on our third (bmw i3, Jaguar iPace, Volvo c40. If Land Rover made a full EV I would probably have had one. There are certainly issues with the charging network - terrible in mid wales and Scottish Borders, Yorkshire dales amongst plenty of places. But we managed 630 miles in a weekend refinery charging quickly at rugby services and gridserve Braintree forecourt so it depends where you go

Some EV drivers talk blinkered over optimistic nonsense and pretend there are no problems. Some ice drivers talk unduly pessimistic nonsense about EVs and claim that nobody could ever live with one. After 70000 electric miles in three EVs over six years the truth is somewhere between the two.

Post #628060 7th Apr 2022 9:55pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

Totally agree, we jumped on the EV bandwagon in 2014 as our little runabout (and I’m a total geek and love new tech) 2xbmw i3 a Tesla and currently a vw id3 so far. I think they are awesome solutions for our particular use case. Don’t work for everyone and the greenies are over egging the credentials big time but in the right circumstances they are unbeatable. The rush to market by some manufacturers and subsequent quality issues is hurting the reputation which is fuelling the decisive opinions. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #628061 7th Apr 2022 10:09pm
RG1971

United Kingdom 

Strangest car launch ever. First few press reviews yesterday, only video review so far from a dealer group rather than the usual suspects…just odd.

Post #628069 8th Apr 2022 7:07am
RG1971

United Kingdom 

Strangest car launch ever. First few press reviews yesterday, only video review so far from a dealer group rather than the usual suspects…just odd.

Post #628070 8th Apr 2022 7:07am
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

RG1971 wrote:

Isn’t it just!

Post #628072 8th Apr 2022 7:43am
7 CDB

That brief video really does just sum up “The Range Rover” tho’ doesn’t it - remember folks we are talking about £130k + toys when others can’t eat properly or heat their homes.
Not being a grumpy bloke, but the RR is a very aspiring vehicle to a lot of people.
I always promised myself a new FF (as the others are just not Rangies) for when I was 50. I managed to get a new Vogue SE
@ 47 and will remember that day forever. No silver spoon here and have grafted like most on here.
Turned 50 last month and now find that I am able to return to the JLR fold and have another FFRR- and Autobiography this time. I have reduced to 4 days work a week (although running a business - you never really stop do you) have a wife who looks good in jodhpurs Whistle Whistle an amazing young son and health is 👍
We are lucky lucky lads

(Sermon over)

Post #628077 8th Apr 2022 9:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>