Total Votes: 147

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 26 <123 ... 131415 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
SSE

Norway 

Quote:

SSE wrote:
I find choosing exterior colour to be the single most difficult decicion when spec'ing the L460. ]

I let the wife choose the colour. Takes the stress away, avoids a discussion, and then she feels she has made a contribution!

I prefer the green , to heck with the resale value , you will live with it for 3-5 years, may I suggest you choose the one you fancy.
As an aside green used to be considered an unlucky colour for a car. Probably false news mr Ford put out as he sold any colour as long as it was black.

The most difficult part of the decision is actually to decide who gets to choose... Due to the fact that the wife practises the exact same philosophy as the referenced Mr Ford namely that any colour is OK for a car as long as it is black. So should I practise what you preach ie make the choice myself, or let wife choose just like you. Will probably cave in and let wife choose. Which means black inside and out with black wheels and privacy glass, rather gangster I suppose and near impossible to keep clean, collecting swirl marks from day 1. Oh well.

Post #629208 20th Apr 2022 1:23pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

SSE wife chooses colour , I get permission to buy…. My problem is I’m still hesitating…price! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #629214 20th Apr 2022 1:39pm
Flugplatz

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aintree Green

Black wheels - beauty is in the eye etc, but, these just don't work for me.

Indeed, I've often heard a professional's take on this; designers of repute in the public eye always tell me that black wheels get 'lost' into and under the bodywork, effectively undoing all the careful work that the designers/stylists have done in creating balance, stance and the overall 'weighting' of the look. When I've asked why they then let the customer mess it all up, they mumble about the market pull, blah, blah.

Glad that the comments here suggest I'm not alone if preferring clear glass and lighter coloured wheels.

Like others, I continue to scour Insta and elsewhere looking for something near a personal choice.

Bazzert9 wrote:
I saw this today at the local dealer looks stunning.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #629233 20th Apr 2022 5:05pm

United Kingdom 

The designers can't think black wheels are all bad when at least half the factory show models have been on black wheels.

I do agree, however, that any design on the wheel gets lost with black unless it is being viewed close up in good light.

I don't really go for black wheels myself, either, but some of the images of Charente Grey on black wheels and the Sunset Gold matte look good.

Post #629237 20th Apr 2022 5:32pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Freddy Bear wrote:
An outdoor shot of Portofino Blue.

Picture credit: Stuart Beedie

Freddy showed a clear glass Portofino blue with normal wheels earlier in this thread - I think that looked classy. Would have been even better with the "23" Style 1075, Diamond Turned with Gloss Dark Grey contrast" wheels, IMO.

Post #629240 20th Apr 2022 6:03pm
Martin2

England 

I normally prefer clear glass, but the L405 doesn't look right with it unfortunately (especially from the rear) and it's the same with the L460 as the rear side window looks like a porthole and looks all wrong next to the rear door window.... MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #629245 20th Apr 2022 7:02pm

United Kingdom 

There was a suggestion a year or so ago on Ovalnews that L460 would get variable tinted glass as an option, so that you could vary the tint from blackout to clear, on all glass or have it programmed to be light sensitive. I was hoping that would have been on it as it would have been a good option. Maybe it will come later in the life cycle.

Post #629247 20th Apr 2022 7:18pm
Flugplatz

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aintree Green

Wow, that's bizarre...! But, still on balance prefer the clear (ahem) glass because it doesn't look as bad as the van-like, Line of Duty wrong-un style.

Eirik34 wrote:
Freddy Bear wrote:
An outdoor shot of Portofino Blue.

Picture credit: Stuart Beedie

Freddy showed a clear glass Portofino blue with normal wheels earlier in this thread - I think that looked classy. Would have been even better with the "23" Style 1075, Diamond Turned with Gloss Dark Grey contrast" wheels, IMO.

Post #629268 20th Apr 2022 10:29pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

For the clear glass lovers out there 😊

(I will edit tomorrow to add the picture credits)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And one on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CclnAy1llLI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Post #629271 20th Apr 2022 11:05pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Thank you once again Freddy Bear for taking the time out of your day to share these images with us. You always come up with some great photos Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Looking at the first image of Freddy's, isn't it a shame that UK cars have such awful bright orange rear number plates, it really does detract. Other countries plates compliment a car so much better.

While I've just been catching up with this thread, I see what Martin2 means by this "Porthole look" on the rear quarter panel. I hadn't noticed that before - Yeah, not a great look. That said, I don't notice it as much on Freddy's photos.

On Tuesday I asked my dealer to contact JLR and ask what the cost will be to bespoke my LWB PHEV order with clear glass. I know it's possible for JLR to do, as it's available on the 7 seater and SV models. I'll share the cost when he reverts, that's assuming JLR will do it.

Post #629276 21st Apr 2022 7:23am

United Kingdom 

The look of the rear number plates is made worse by most JLR dealers insisting on fitting the larger than normal sized plates on the rear.

Post #629285 21st Apr 2022 9:23am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

aja500 wrote:

On Tuesday I asked my dealer to contact JLR and ask what the cost will be to bespoke my LWB PHEV order with clear glass. I know it's possible for JLR to do, as it's available on the 7 seater and SV models. I'll share the cost when he reverts, that's assuming JLR will do it.

If they aren’t forthcoming (or the cost is silly), I can recommend a very good glass fitter who works in the SE.

Post #629293 21st Apr 2022 10:41am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

5.0 wrote:
The look of the rear number plates is made worse by most JLR dealers insisting on fitting the larger than normal sized plates on the rear.

I’ve always had a 21” x 6” plate on the back.

Post #629295 21st Apr 2022 10:44am

United Kingdom 

Exactly. Which is much taller than the standard 520mm x 111mm fitted to most cars.

Post #629315 21st Apr 2022 3:27pm
Martin2

England 

The L450 looks much better with the larger plate, but the L460 doesn't need it, although it does need to be mounted centrally (the Portofino blue one Erik posted looks too high but it could be the angle?) MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Last edited by Martin2 on 21st Apr 2022 3:38pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #629316 21st Apr 2022 3:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 26 <123 ... 131415 ... 242526>