Home > Technical (L322) > TPMS diagnosis '09 L322 AB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
lschwarcz

United States 2009 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Bournville
TPMS diagnosis '09 L322 AB

Hi everyone,

I have what seems to be a pretty common problem with my ’09 L322 AB (US spec). I get the “Check spare tire pressure” and “Check all tire pressures” messages. The pressures in all tires are correct and the senders in the tires are new (as are the tires). I senders I bought are VDO S180052076Z that as far as I can tell is the OEM unit at about 1/3 the price from LR.

The orange light comes on and off occasionally as does the message. I’ve checked for any stored codes with my GapII tool and there are none in regards to the TPMS system.

I’ve checked the fuses and both are good.

Any suggestions on where to start looking given that I don’t even have any set codes? Would a TPMS tool be needed? If so, any recommendations on a brand or model?

I know one common solution is to turn the whole TPMS system off but I'd rather keep it all working if possible.

Thanks!
Larry. 2009 Range Rover L322 Autobiography
Bournville/Ivory
Save lives, give blood.

Post #658986 9th Mar 2023 8:43pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

I get the same with mine, no DTC's stored, the receiving antenna above the glasses holder in the roof cluster is OK, the only thing I have found is that a) the spare should be at full load pressure or slightly above and b) lots of short journeys seem to provoke the issue, a good >30 minute journey constantly above 25mph seems to prevent the spurious warnings for a few weeks.
The real cure? probably a new module - it's not something that has become an annoyance yet so I haven't really given it much thought.

The spare is only checked every 13 hours, as it doesn't have an initiator coil so any pressure correction of the spare may take a while to be recognised.

Post #658988 9th Mar 2023 8:53pm
lschwarcz

United States 2009 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Bournville

Phoenix,

I can't say that you have the same issue I have but I was able to fix mine by replacing the TPMS module that's in the back right side of the car (next to the fuse panel).

I asked my local Rover club and it seems others here have had the same trouble and replacing the module fixed it.

Here in the USA the module seems to run about $200 (USD) new from mail order places.

The Land Rover part number for me is: NNW502305. I would highly recommend verifying that it's the same for you before ordering the part.

Good luck!
Larry. 2009 Range Rover L322 Autobiography
Bournville/Ivory
Save lives, give blood.

Post #659339 14th Mar 2023 7:20pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Yep, that's the correct part number - the transmitters and receiving antenna have different part numbers due the the different operating frequency but the module is common to all.
It's not yet an annoyance for me, certainly not a >£150 annoyance!

Post #659343 14th Mar 2023 7:41pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

I kept getting check the spare tyre light on start up, it would last 20 - 30 secs. It was at full load pressure.
I reduced the pressure to light load in the tyre, and never had an alarm since. Rolling Eyes 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #659475 15th Mar 2023 4:07pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

The later models have different parameters, pressures displayed on IPK and switchable.

Post #659477 15th Mar 2023 4:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1