Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Suspension will raise when system cooled
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
MarianaWestminster

United Kingdom 

Yes Knwatkins I will most likely be one of the things you've listed or potentially the compressor as spoken about previously.

Normally I would be straight out there with said home made leak detection spray (it worked great to find a leak at the air spring fitting on the Bentley I used to own)

I normally do all my own repairs and maintainance (my last 3 L322s never set a wheel inside a workshop)

However as the l405 is so new to me and under warranty I'm going to have my first main dealer experience Laughing

Post #658047 28th Feb 2023 9:33am
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

"However as the l405 is so new to me and under warranty I'm going to have my first main dealer experience"
Expect a few surprises, I've generally found that the JLR extended warranties aren't quite as comprehensive as you might expect, like paying for the initial diagnosis.
Also get a contact at the warranty company ASAP, I've had 2 claims "rejected" that dealer hadn't even referred to the warranty company. These were both unrejected when I spoke directly to the warranty company.
Sorry to sound negative but best be prepared.

Post #658066 28th Feb 2023 11:01am
MarianaWestminster

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the feedback Cass.

I dropped in at the dealership last night to have a chat prior to booking it in and the service advisor told me that the first hour of diagnosis is now covered by the warranty. (Him saying 'now' makes me think this could be a recent change)

He did also say that they hadn't had any issues claiming for compressors or air shock absorbers etc.

They will wait for the claim to be approved before proceeding with any work.

Phoning the warranty people at lunchtime then all being well its being booked in for 15th March Thumbs Up

Post #658067 28th Feb 2023 11:08am
Kot

United Kingdom 

cass wrote:
"However as the l405 is so new to me and under warranty I'm going to have my first main dealer experience"
Expect a few surprises, I've generally found that the JLR extended warranties aren't quite as comprehensive as you might expect, like paying for the initial diagnosis.
Also get a contact at the warranty company ASAP, I've had 2 claims "rejected" that dealer hadn't even referred to the warranty company. These were both unrejected when I spoke directly to the warranty company.
Sorry to sound negative but best be prepared.

With JLR extended warranty, You only pay for the initial diagnosis if it's not a warranty item, well that's my experience so far.
I cant speak for other 3rd party warranties and their interactions with JLR dealers though.

I had a suspension issue, and got LR assist out. https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic59778.html

Also MarianaWestminster, with you also having the JLR extended warranty, you could have called LR assist out and told them you were worried there is a suspension issue and worried it's not safe to drive. Ensure you tell the operator, that you need a LR tech otherwise you get the AA. Sometimes you are lucky and get someone the same day, sometimes you might have to wait a day or two.

If the LR tech can fix the compressor/leak on site, they will. If not, they now can book you in at your local dealers
immediately, and automatically, they can also book you a hire car as well there and then at your address. Thats a great advantage, as the dealer is on the clock Rolling with laughter
Whereas booking direct with the dealer, they usually offers you an appointment, weeks into the future and 9 times out of 10 wont have a courtesy car available either.

So moral in the storey, is to play the safety card where at all possible and use LR assist where possible. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #658078 28th Feb 2023 12:40pm
MarianaWestminster

United Kingdom 

Thats how I imagined it would work Kot, thank you for confirming.

Had a look at your thread and that could be my issue however my compressor appears different to the ones shown in the parts diagrams which come up when looking up the part number you gave.

Thanks for the tip regards LR assist, I will bear it in mind. No bother on this occasion as I have a classic car I can use in whilst the RR is in.

Phoned LR warranty and it's in my name, car booked in to Sytner Stockport on 15th March Thumbs Up

Post #658086 28th Feb 2023 2:07pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

if you have LV assist ,you then call them and they could possibly fix your issue on your driveway.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #658087 28th Feb 2023 2:18pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

MarianaWestminster wrote:

car booked in to Sytner Stockport on 15th March Thumbs Up

I left Stockport 40 years ago Laughing I dont miss it Rolling with laughter 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #658092 28th Feb 2023 3:25pm
MarianaWestminster

United Kingdom 

I still work in Stockport but we moved out of the area last year... can't say I miss it either.

Lots of miserable neighbours Kot Laughing

Post #658128 28th Feb 2023 10:44pm
MarianaWestminster

United Kingdom 

Driving back from visiting my mother tonight and I got an Amber 'normal height only message. All fun and games these Range Rovers Rolling Eyes

Post #658129 28th Feb 2023 10:45pm
MarianaWestminster

United Kingdom 

Inspired by Kots success with it I purchased an Autel AP200. (Thought it might be a bit more convienient than my usual clunky SDD install on the laptop)

What a great bit of kit for £58.

Fault code returned by the AP200 was C1A20-64 'pressure increases too slowly when filling reservoir'

All fingers are pointing towards a tired compressor or a leak overwhelming the compressor.

Looking forward to my booking on the 15th to find out the answer Very Happy

Post #658219 1st Mar 2023 11:07pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

A good point with the AP200, is that its not locked to 1 vin, and you can use it on any model of the Landrover range.
If you have more than 1 car in the family and of a different marque, you just purchase the extra license for that different marque (approx $20). 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #658229 2nd Mar 2023 9:11am
MarianaWestminster

United Kingdom 

Yes I liked that about it Kot as we also have a 2012 Sport Autobiography and a 2011 Freelander 2 so it can be used on both of those too and the other non LR vehicles in the stable for the small fee you speak of.

Fantastic bit of kit for the £58 I paid and a great low cost alternative to IID if you aren't concerned with being able to edit the CCF Thumbs Up

Post #658285 2nd Mar 2023 8:15pm
MarianaWestminster

United Kingdom 

L405 went into Sytner LR Stockport yesterday and the compressor was found to be at fault.

Just had the call to say LR warranty have approved the repair and the job should be done car ready to collect tomorrow Thumbs Up

Post #659574 16th Mar 2023 6:50pm
MarianaWestminster

United Kingdom 

Car collected and everything seems to be working as it should with regards to the air suspension.

Well done Sytner JLR Stockport and thank you to service advisor Paul Markham for looking after me and the car Very Happy

Post #659700 17th Mar 2023 11:48pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Glad it's sorted... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #659706 18th Mar 2023 1:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12