Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Connectivity SIM / USB module on-the-blink (again).
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dan_Veluwe

Netherlands 
Connectivity SIM / USB module on-the-blink (again).

Last year it started with " no 4G " on the display. Also no power on the central armrest USB,
no charging of phone and no music from USB.. ..and NO TRAFFIC INFO..

After replacing the module TWICE and updates & fiddling by mechanics, it was suddenly cured.

At least it seemed cured, as these issues stayed away until last friday. Before that the "SOS"
module started to inform me it was 'limited available' , ending in random activation of the
alarm / SOS system ending in the operator calling me repeatedly..

So now (if the SOS light in the display turns yellow), I put the status in the app to 'garage'.
So it doesn't call automatically when I'm in a crash, but also not if nothing is wrong...

Then, last friday. it started again. Connectivity module dead, SOS alarm restricted, dead angle
not functioning..

This morning it was all gone again. I only had to log into my satnav account again.

Anyone had/has issues with this module ??

I am thinking of a faulty power supply. Either a bad connector or a badly stripped wire..
Or some poor modules.. I-pace First Edition Santorini & 2nd car Mazda MX-30 Advantage red/black
PHEV P400e Hybrid Autobiography Loire blue= SOLD
D5 SD4 HSE Lux Corris grey = SOLD
D3 TdV6 HSE Lux Vienna Green =SOLD
P300 F-Type 2018 Ultra Blue = SOLD
25t F-Pace 2020 Loire Blue = SOLD

Post #659894 20th Mar 2023 4:29pm
Dan_Veluwe

Netherlands 

The car has been twelve days with the dealer. They replaced the battery heater (electrical heater in cooling circuit to heat cabin and large battery), that has been defect for an unknown period.

There is no indication of such failure on the dash, its only visible with an OSB2 check in the garage. Also the VVTC actuator was replaced.

The SOS-alarm lead to replacing the overhead SOS switch unit. The sim-unit in the central armrest they checked and updated. They couldn't find a fault.

I collected the car last Thursday.

On Friday at switching on the ignition I got 'greeted' by the SOS-fault message. I had 4G for a few minutes, the car received the route I uploaded.

Then it went dead like before.

So I phoned the garage. Tried to put the car through the app in 'garage mode' to prevent the false "SOS calls" from the faulty system. That didn't work. The app said it couldn't...

This all remained all day on Friday. On Saturday I fiddled with the sim in the central armrest. Replaced it, to no avail. No '4G' , not even searching '.....'. Only a crossed out 'G'.

I tried again on Sunday. This time : no SOS-message at all. I fiddled with the sim card again and hurrah : the '...' came on.

So I quickly held the " sim data " field pressed to enter the sub menu, which is only possible when 4G or '...' show. I switched 'auto connection' off and "roaming on".

Still only "..." , no 4G. So I moved the car to an open area, about 50m further. I got 4G !!

I also got a call from the 'secure' central : my car was presumably stolen as they received a message.

" someone was fiddling with the sim card".

I explained and they reset the app. That reset was the only time the app updated on my phone. Now its non-responsive again.

So if I fiddle with the app in the central armrest, the system thinks I'm bizzy at the other sim card, used for OTA and secure... .. so they share technical parts I presume.. ??

Anyway, both SOS/SIM failures are not resolved.

Screenshot from the app ( Dutch ). It says its unable to activate the service setting.

Click image to enlarge
 I-pace First Edition Santorini & 2nd car Mazda MX-30 Advantage red/black
PHEV P400e Hybrid Autobiography Loire blue= SOLD
D5 SD4 HSE Lux Corris grey = SOLD
D3 TdV6 HSE Lux Vienna Green =SOLD
P300 F-Type 2018 Ultra Blue = SOLD
25t F-Pace 2020 Loire Blue = SOLD

Post #662085 17th Apr 2023 10:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1