Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Key Fob Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nylands

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zambezi Silver
Key Fob Problem

Low key fob batteries caused my 2012 L322 to remain locked until the RAC guy sorted my main key syncing and started the car and checked windows etc. Greatly relieved and I paid him for the new 2032 battery he installed before he began his work and went on his way!!
However I am left with my spare key still in the same state after replacing a new battery in that. The procedures on the forum here relate to previous models that are key ignition rather than push button. Has anyone been able to synchronise a key fob in these later models and avoid buying another new one from a main dealer after producing log book etc as proof of ownership.
As daily key working fine all else is now as it should be. A warning to others is to change your battery if you suspect any type of delay in your key response s.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Big Cry
Dave

Post #667679 27th Jun 2023 8:14am
Nylands

Key fob not working

Has anyone had any success in finding a lock and key individual that can sync a keyless fob for the latest L322 models please? It's a pricey job if you use a main dealer and a long trip for me to get to one also.
The key in question will start the car as per the car manual but that is it. However although the new CR2032 battery was inserted upside down in the first place even so I think no damage done to the key fob and is in the same condition as the one the RAC got working.

As a member the RAC only charged for a battery but if it's the only option a key/lock guy it will have to be. Therefore looking for someone in the Weston Super Mare region if possible.

Thanks to all
Dave

Post #668369 5th Jul 2023 8:25am
Danb_220_2019

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Fuji White

If you don't have one already, an IID can program fobs. Videos on YT of how to do so.

Worth buying one - they're expensive, but as well as this the IID will allow you to do a whole lot more and will ultimately save you money in the long run, and the resale market for them is strong too, so you will recoup much of the investment if you sell up. 2012 (L322) 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE, Fuji White over Arabica.
Previous V8s: BMW 645Ci, P38 4.6, P38 4.0, Merc CL500
Previous others: Honda x1, Volvo x7, Rover x6, BMW x6, Ford x1, Mercedes x2, Skoda x3, VW x2, Renault x2, Citroen x1, Mazda x3, Nissan x1, Audi x3, Kia x1, Fiat x4, Subaru x3, Austin x2, Triumph x2, Jeep x2, Hyundai x2, Lexus x1, Mitsubishi x1, Saab x2... and some others I've forgotten!

Post #668376 5th Jul 2023 9:16am
Nylands

Thanks Dan for your comments. I do have the said tool but that function failed for me and advised to contact Gap. They are looking into it for me at the moment now I have figured out how their reporting facility works. I to spotted a youtube item covering the same however it didn't work for me. Not sure it's the new fob as it did start the car?

Dave

Post #668378 5th Jul 2023 9:40am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

The key does two separate things, unlock and lock and inform the immobiliser to unlock.

Yours sounds like it is talking to the immobiliser but not the locking...

The battery only does the locking...

Others have found that you need a fresh, branded battery to get the correct volts to unlock, putting the battery in the wrong way could damage the battery...

First thing, get a new branded battery and try to sinc again.... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #668383 5th Jul 2023 11:07am
Nylands

Thanks Pete
The 1v batteries in both keys caused the problem for me and they were replaced by the Duracell's 3v and as you say then its the locking action out of sync on the car. Hopefully our man at Gap will come back with a solution. I have been quoted £195 for another key fob but he would be coming out of Bristol and I'll see if I have any other options.

Dave

Post #668394 5th Jul 2023 11:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1