Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Tyre Wear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
Tyre Wear

Im still quite startled with this and wondered whether previous RR have been as impressive?

36,500 miles on the clock since delivery in April 2022. Just had the recall actioned by my local service centre and the vehicle health check has confirmed what I had been monitoring. There are 6 months or so left on all four tyres.

Its looking likely that the original tyres will be good for 40,000 miles, I don't think I've ever had a car thats been this good regarding tyre wear!

Post #674372 27th Sep 2023 11:38am
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

that reflects my experience, I bought mine in January, I noticed that the tyres were about half worn although I didnt measure, 13k miles later and there is 3mm+ on each corner. The outer edges of the fronts will go before the main tread area but I may replace them all before Xmas/snow time First time FFRR owner

Post #674374 27th Sep 2023 12:31pm
Crocs

Scotland 

I'd expect at least 40000 miles. My trade-in last year had 56000 miles on them. Admittedly, they were getting close to the line but I was danged if I was going to spend £1000 so close to trade-in.

Post #674422 27th Sep 2023 10:25pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

I've had various LR's, always run Pirelli road or AT's and have got around 30k out of them down to 3.5mm, which is my change point. Invariably cheaper tyres have less tread depth to start with (6.5mm is the lowest I've seen on Indonesian ditch-finders) and have a less resilient compound. Manufacturer specific tyres are tuned for NVH and can have different compounds across the tyre width as well as (for example) different sidewall rigidity inner to outer so will wear differently compared to 'generic' tyres, even from the same manufacturer, it's also worth noting that tyres fitted at build will have more tread depth than those sold as direct replacements, like for like.

Post #674423 27th Sep 2023 10:44pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Also reflects my experience with Range Rovers over the last 15 years. I always thought it was down to the way I drove (or the way the FFRR encourages me to drive) more than the car itself, but perhaps there's more to it than that. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #674438 28th Sep 2023 9:45am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Phoenix wrote:
I've had various LR's, always run Pirelli road or AT's and have got around 30k out of them down to 3.5mm, which is my change point. Invariably cheaper tyres have less tread depth to start with (6.5mm is the lowest I've seen on Indonesian ditch-finders) and have a less resilient compound. Manufacturer specific tyres are tuned for NVH and can have different compounds across the tyre width as well as (for example) different sidewall rigidity inner to outer so will wear differently compared to 'generic' tyres, even from the same manufacturer, it's also worth noting that tyres fitted at build will have more tread depth than those sold as direct replacements, like for like.

Yes, I would never not fit the original specified tyres and never have done.

For a large 4x4 I think this rate of wear is possibly unrivalled?

Post #674448 28th Sep 2023 12:47pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

There is going to be less slippage with a heavier car, maybe that helps? Of course, cornering will always be the point where most of the wear occurs as you're effectively fighting physics but that applies to all vehicles, being permanent four wheel drive will also spread the wear more evenly, some 2wd cars I see will get through three pairs of driven tyres to a pair on non-driven ones, front or rear driven axle, it makes little difference.

Post #674456 28th Sep 2023 3:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1