Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > If your heated and cooled seats stop working - easy fix?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
lambo911

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Barolo Black
If your heated and cooled seats stop working - easy fix?

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my recent experience in case it helps anyone else. This was regarding the heating and cooling that stopped working on all four seats. The controls all worked fine and you could set the seat temperature but nothing happened.

Initially I thought it was to do with the fact it had just been into the LR dealer and they had taken a rear seat out. They checked it all and they couldn't see any issue with the wiring or fuses but they suspected the heat pads had failed.

However they did say they had sent a question to LR technical to ask if it was related to the axillary start-stop battery as the voltage was low. They didn't think it would be the battery as they had it on charge but the seat heating still didn't work.

I brought the car home whilst they were waiting for a response from LR.

Today I checked the start-stop battery and it was at 7.5 volts. I put a boost pack on it so now it was 12v and started the car and sure enough the seat heating now worked.

When the car is running there is 14.5V to the battery but I guess it is the voltage prior to it starting that it is looking at.

So it looks like the start-stop battery is also used for other features in the car.

Oh and the other clue.. is that the auto stop start was not working !

The dealer have said they would fit a new one and code it to the car for free as long as I paid for the battery, which seems fair enough. 2016 AB SDV8 Barolo black

Post #678642 24th Nov 2023 3:51pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Interesting, good to know...

Just FYI you can't "code a battery" you can tell the BCM that you have fitted a new one but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as the BCM will soon learn there is a new battery connected and adjust accordingly... So don't think they are doing you too much of a favour.... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #678645 24th Nov 2023 4:23pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Categorically the stop start battery on 2016 MY is linked to the heated seats - on my last RR, I disconnected the stop start battery negative to stop the annoying stop start working and the heated seats also stopped working whilst the battery was disconnected 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #678653 24th Nov 2023 6:34pm
lambo911

You would think that the dealers would know this kind of stuff Sad 2016 AB SDV8 Barolo black

Post #678678 25th Nov 2023 10:33am
lambo911

Also the heated front and rear screens and the heated steering wheel are not working, which isn't great with the current cold snap.

The park pre heat system does work though!

Having a new battery fitted next week so hopefully everything will be back to normal. 2016 AB SDV8 Barolo black

Post #679337 3rd Dec 2023 12:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1