Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > iiD cheaper alternative
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Kot

United Kingdom 

Gremlin500 wrote:

I must report this tool FAILED on multiple occasions to reset my MY2017 oil service, (as did the doors/bonnet/pedals/tug one’s forelock/say 3 hail Marys method) Maybe it works for earlier models, but not 2017.

Follow video exactly, Service reset  2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #678330 20th Nov 2023 1:58pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

@Kot:

Nope! I already tried that multiple times in the exact same order.
I get both in-dash messages, but after re-cycling the ignition, there’s no change.

Update: As Sod’s Law would have it, iCarSoft finally emailed me back asking for the VIN and a copy of my video of the LRV3 procedure, which I just sent.

Watch this space! Yawn “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #678346 20th Nov 2023 3:32pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Have you charged your batteries Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #678347 20th Nov 2023 3:40pm
Gremlin500

Censored

Laughing

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter OK Very funny cheeky boy, I get it!
(Guess I dish it out plenty, so I have to take it now & again!)

Interestingly, there are NO batteries in an iCarSoft LRV3 - it works purely by er, Magic Whistle Shocked

On a serious note, it will be interesting to see if iCarSoft can find a fix, or be forever damned to oblivion by FFRR peeps Evil or Very Mad

More soon, stay tuned! “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #678358 20th Nov 2023 5:52pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter I was thinking your car battery! Thumbs Up 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #678361 20th Nov 2023 6:09pm
Gremlin500

@Kot:

Yes, I was aware you meant car battery, just playing ignorant, or is that plain ignorant Laughing

UPDATE: Or should I say non-update Embarassed Well, iCarsoft are still talking to me, sent me a new software file to upload to the device, tried again, -nope, it doesn’t work. In fact now “Service Reset” returns “communication failure” and “Oil Reset” returns “Service Reset” in the dash display, wheras previously it said “Service Resetting” followed by “Service Reset”, neither of which had any effect whatsoever on the actual remaining service mileage which continues to plummet in the usual FFRR way Laughing

I am getting a little frustrated now, iCarSoft are responding, but very slowly, it seems like they have just one guy to respond to 100,000 customers, so about two weeks between replies.

So, it looks like I will have to bite the bullet and go for an iiD BT tool, I had high hopes for the LRV3, but if something so basic as an oil service reset is not possible, what’s the point? Added to which, it’s not even possible to edit the CCF, so this is purely a “reader” tool for me thus far, -something which I can already do with my little Vgate dongle I use for monitoring soot, which cost peanuts by comparison.
So, it’s a “thumbs down” for the iCarSoft LRV3 from me, until proven otherwise.

I hope this information is useful to other forum members, if the situation changes, in fairness to iCarSoft, I will re-post here, but until then, it’s a “thumbs down” from Gremlin Evil or Very Mad

***UPDATE*** (EDIT:)

Well it seems I spoke too early, Mr. Barnett from iCarSoft contacted me today by email with new .bin files, and this is what happened:-

1st try: I selected "SERVICE" Menu, then "Oil Reset" but nothing changed (4950 miles to service).
(I now think this function only resets the oil light in the dash, but since this isn't illuminated anyway, it seems like nothing happens)

2nd try: I selected "SERVICE" Menu again, then "Service Reset", got instructions to turn on the ignition, after a few seconds "Service Reset" appeared in the car dash display, then on the iCarSoft LRV3 screen it said "turn ignition off", then "application running" and counted down for several seconds, then "complete".
I restarted the ignition, checked the menu, and Miles to next Service was now 16,000 HAPPY DAYS!!

So, I can now say the tool works, and the support is slow, but persistent! Thumbs Up Twisted Evil “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #679848 9th Dec 2023 12:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12