Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Air suspension - stuck on bump stops after parking incline
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
itzazkrit

United States 

Thank you for the diagrams. I finally got to the car and checked fuses first. 60a is fine. The 5a driven off relay is fine. The two in glovebox fuse box is fine. I measured 12v on leg of relay that is control pin. I thought it was relay that was bad because pump wouldn’t come on. I just pulled relay and jumped the 2 poles and was able to kick compressor on. I think it fills completely as the exhaust valve starts to purge after a while. Not sure what I can do at this point unless there is a way to trigger front and rear valve blocks to manually put air into bags. Has anyone successfully done this? Or should I just get it towed to a shop and have them mess with? It’s 5 miles to Indy vs 200miles back to my house and then I still need to order gap tool. I still haven’t found valve blocks. Not sure if they’re accessible from inside or have to go through outside wheel well. I can’t pull up manual because it’s too big a file for my iPad or phone.

Does anyone know of control pins on valves are 5v or 12v trigger and possibly locations of front and rear. Thank you!

Post #651975 29th Dec 2022 8:21pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

I've chopped the EAS part of the workshop manual out so you should be able to use it - see below.
If the relay isn't triggering, then it's a control issue - are there any problems with the doors not being seen as closed? height changes are inhibited if there is a door open. Check at the control module for power & ground where it should be - also check for any signs of moisture ingress to the module or connector - once you work through the power & control side, the cause will reveal itself, so no need to go digging out the valve blocks at this stage.
Are the LED's on the height switch illuminated or flashing at all? what messages (if any) do you get on the instrument pack if you try to change the height? If you can, swap out the compressor relay to test as IIRC the relay coil circuit is monitored so will set a DTC if removed, which may also lock the height. Also check the system voltage with the engine running, if it's too low, that will also inhibit suspension height changes.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...7-2010.pdf

Post #651979 29th Dec 2022 8:52pm
itzazkrit

United States 

So sorry guys. I committed the cardinal sin of posting and then never coming back with the results. Need some more help and reminded me of this thread.....

End result was that I towed the truck to the indy. He had to replace my lifting rods with stock rods, then reset the computers and recalibrate. It was as I suspected that it lowered itself into a range that ended up being out of spec for the computers and then it couldnt get itself back into a range it could work with. An alternate solution could also have been to block up the car so that it was reading in the correct range and possibly it would try and fix itself.

Anyways, thanks for the help last year....the lesson learned here is.... NEVER PARK YOUR LIFTED ROVER ON A STEEP INCLINE FOR ANY EXTENDED AMOUNTS OF TIME... the auto leveling could cause the sensors to get out of range and require a full reset to get going again. Cheers!

Post #680575 17th Dec 2023 9:07pm
itzazkrit

United States 

Wow man yall weird af for that.

Post #680657 18th Dec 2023 4:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12