Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Vogue SE/Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Kot

United Kingdom 

I wont buy another fatty without deployable side steps a must have in my view. So glad the OO ticked that extra along with HUD, adaptive cruise etc etc 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #680799 20th Dec 2023 9:29am
bob-lad

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

After 5 years with deplorable steps on my L322, I'd happily never see a set again.

They either whop you on the shins when you aren't looking, fail up, or worse, fail dangling down.

Terrible things.

Thought they were the best thing ever when I first got the car.

I was wrong.

Smile

Post #681126 24th Dec 2023 5:47pm
BigJock2005

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Black 5.0 V8 Sumatra Black

I've just gone through the same process as you. I had an L322 Autobiography and loved all the toys. When I recently bought the L405 I pondered whether to hold out and go for another Autobiography.

Bottom line is I got bored of waiting on a good AB becoming available. All were either huge mileages, multiple owners, or horrific interior/exterior colour choices. So I checked out the specs, and as far as I can see two things worth remembering:

- The Vogue SE is already the main top spec, except for the AB and other special editions, so you're getting a very high-spec motor anyway

- Buyers can always add on extra things to a V-SE which will up the spec even further, look out for those when you're

I ended up with a petrol 3.0V V-SE in excellent condition with 1 owner and a full dealer history, plus security upgrade (for what that's worth). The buyer has added sidesteps and a full leather pack. For what it's worth, it's turning in 24-26mpg around the town, whereas my AB did around 12-15. Cruising on motorway I'm comfortable over 30mpg whereas my AB rarely beat 20-22.

The sidesteps are fixed, which in my view is a lot better than the electric ones, which will eventually start to get sluggish or play up when they get coated in all that road- Censored underneath.

I can't see anything the Autobuiography has that my V-SE doesn't, and I haven't even worked out all the toys yet! The Autobiography does come with some colour packs that are pretty cool too.

I would say it depends on your urgency: if you are keen to get moving, go for the first good vehicle you find, V-SE or Autobiography. If you get a good spec V-SE you won't be missing anything.

Post #681262 27th Dec 2023 7:33pm
BigJock2005

Kot wrote:
I wont buy another fatty without deployable side steps a must have in my view. So glad the OO ticked that extra along with HUD, adaptive cruise etc etc

I'm with bob-lad on this one, I found the muck off the road eventually made them sluggish, until they stopped retracting thanks to the safety feature. Cue removal, cleaning, replacing... major pain. There's also a greater choice of fixed steps too, the ones I have are not too low, but nice and fat. I found the OEM ones too low, which was a pain when they stuck. Each to their own of course sir.

Post #681263 27th Dec 2023 7:36pm
Nasher

I'm still increasing my savings each month ready to buy a 4.4TD L405, and of course looking at cars for sale.

Apologies for another trim level type question.

There appears to be a reasonable step in price for the pre and post 2017/18 facelift cars.

The only difference I'm seeing is the additional lower touchscreen in the later version, or am I missing something significant?

I think I'd much rather a lower mileage higher spec 2016 version than pay the premium for the 2018 and on version.
Again, unless I've missed something.
And of course it would bring forward my purchase by several months.

I believe a 2016 4.4TD is Euro 6 like the 2018, but the current Road tax is £395pa rather than £180pa of the newer version.
But the newer car will fall foul of the +£40k value additional £390pa tax anyway.

Post #682945 17th Jan 2024 12:05am
Martin2

England 

If it's a 2018 car, then it won't have the additional VED from this year.

A late pre facelift car is a better option / the best value in my opinion. It has the newer infotainment and something I looked at when I bought mine back in 2020.

I ended up going for the facelift car because it looked and felt more modern inside, I was used to Matrix LEDs, I preferred the front seats, looks better (matter of opinion, but based on the number of people who swap out the lights I'm not alone) etc.

If it means getting one earlier and you're not bothered about the visual changes, I'd look for a post April 2017 pre facelift car to get the much better infotainment and lower road tax as a bonus. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #682960 17th Jan 2024 10:21am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

The 17 model just before the face lift is the one I prefer. The seat look better I prefer the dials on the lower dash and I find no difference with the sat screen, among other small things.
I had a 2018 SVR before so I can compare. overfinch modified

Post #682967 17th Jan 2024 11:10am
Nasher

Thanks gents I appreciate your comments.

Yes of course, I've now realised that the additional VED is a rolling 5yr thing, and it being the beginning of 2024 means 2018 cars will not have the additional tax.
That's what I get for posting late at night when I'm half asleep.

I'll pay more attention to the seats in the 2017 model vehicles I look at online.

Post #683009 17th Jan 2024 4:45pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Get the 2018+It was important for me to have the updated Infotainment system and updated security with ultra wide band technology.

2018+

It looks better externally, it has a better nav system which you can update each month if you subscribe and has traffic etc.
https://www.landrover.here.com/index.php

Pre face lift, I think it may have a terrible terrible Nav system, maybe 2017 has the here system some do have it. I had it (old system) in my old DS hated it!

The touchscreen duo has 2 screens and looks great, some screens were a bit buggy when they first came out, but by now after several updates most should now be bug free.

It has Ultra wide band technology making it more secure -- Google it (lol but still get stolen disable keyless and get something like Ghost 2)
The Incontrol app gives you guardian mode which alerts you if alarm goes off or door/window is opened. Not sure if this applies to pre facelift.

Now, I cant do without deployable side steps, adaptive lighting, adaptive cruise, HUD, consider a 18+ SE
with extra's Rolling with laughter 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #683011 17th Jan 2024 5:11pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Can confirm the updated nav system is from 2017 on, mine (03/17) has it.

I scared myself off the SE/AB after reading about cars written-off by corroding roof drains, and frequent dynamic response system extensive corrosion issues, but fortunately found a Vogue which was specced very well by the OO with all the bits I wanted in the colour I wanted, with a lovely solid glass roof with no roof drains: less is more as vehicles get older, -less to go wrong! Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #683018 17th Jan 2024 5:45pm
Nasher

Thanks Gents.

Is there an easy way to spot the later Satnav system?
Or is it simply in the cars with the additional lower touchscreen which I associate with the post facelift cars?

Post #683048 18th Jan 2024 12:46am
Martin2

England 

The shortcut buttons are along the bottom of the screen, the old system has a smaller screen and shortcut buttons on both sides of the screen. Easy to spot once you know the difference Thumbs Up MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #683049 18th Jan 2024 1:47am
BigJock2005

I understand there is a security fix/upgrade on the post-18 models which affects insurance premiums… significantly. There is an upgrade (N693v8) which is available for post-18 vehicles and will have been done on any vehicle serviced at a franchise and this mitigates the theft risk.
Be interested to hear what people think.

Post #683052 18th Jan 2024 8:17am
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

The new screen from MY2017 on has no physical buttons either side of the screen.

Above screen grab is with (wired) Apple Carplay activated on my 2017.

MY’17 still has the “Proper” physical vent controls & switches below the Nav screen, much better IMHO. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #683061 18th Jan 2024 11:24am
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Is there a point that CDs were no longer able to be played? I’m a bit old school 🤣

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #683069 18th Jan 2024 1:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top