Home > Technical (L322) > Fuel door lock actuator
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gtzonone

United States 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black
Fuel door lock actuator

Hello All,
I hope I can find some help here as I've looked everywhere but only found opinions, not actual knowledge on this issue. I have a 2011 RR SC. I have owned it for about 3 years now. I can't remember if it was this way when I got it, but I believe it was. The little pole that pushes out to lock and unlock the fuel door with the remote lock and unlock was stuck open, obviously better than stuck closed, nonetheless stuck, didn't function. When I tried to get it to work, I ended up pushing it in to where the actuator is, on the vehicle. I don't say fender well because I've taken the liner totally off and the area is not accessible from there. I've also removed the inner liner inside the rear vehicle are to no avail as well. Whether it is the actuator or the stiff cable and small pole that it actuated that's broken doesn't matter. I have all new parts to install for it to work. The problem is I do not know, and cannot figure out how to access the area. Does anyone, anywhere, know how to reach this spot or have experience with this issue? Unbelievable how difficult they make it to replace things on this vehicle. Any assistance is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Post #657580 23rd Feb 2023 4:38pm
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

I had a similar issue, where the locking ring that secures the tube that the locking pin sits in had detached from the hole inside the filler flap. As an aside, reinstalling that part requires pushing it forcefully into / against the hole whilst rotating it 90 degrees using the 4 small holes to gain purchase (I used a pair of straight circlip pliers that worked pretty well).

You can access the actuator itself from inside the boot with the side carpet panel removed - it’s tucked right up inside and just below the metal panel that the parcel shelf support trim sits on, not easy to see but it is there attached to a small metal bracket.

This can be removed with two 10mm hex nuts I recall.

Good luck Thumbs Up Jonathan

2007 Defender 90 XS Hardtop

Post #657581 23rd Feb 2023 4:48pm
gtzonone

United States 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Thank you for the reply!
Update! Job is complete!

Post #682344 10th Jan 2024 5:07pm
lschwarcz

United States 2009 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Bournville

So you got it to work? The fuel door lock on my '09 L322 has not worked for as long as I've owned it (about 4 years). After much diagnostics I finally found that this feature was disabled in the US spec models! WTF??? Censored

Either they enabled it in the 2010 refresh or I'm wrong and I should be able to fix it.

Any details on how you fixed it?

Thanks,
Larry. 2009 Range Rover L322 Autobiography
Bournville/Ivory
Save lives, give blood.

Post #682359 10th Jan 2024 8:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1