Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > Martin Lewis tv programme.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Very true and I always tend to overste my annual mileage which has been about 20k per year. It dropped last year as I'm contracting out more jobs so I may shave a few £100 off by dropping it down. I don't feel so bad as it seems to have hit everyone and I do accept that living in central london, using it for my bussiness and doing a lot of miles would make ins expensive whatever I drove. At least now I'm not burning £££ every year with depreciation. Every time I look at what I would save in ULEZ, fuel etc on a £25-30k more modern car I see how much would be lost due to the depreciation as the mileage stacked up. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #682868 16th Jan 2024 2:46pm
SS.Lyria

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

I’m all for the free market but insurance seems to be such a free for all these days a bit more government regulation wouldn’t go amiss.

I’ve insured 3 vehicles over the last 25 years without making a claim and I can think of 10 friends instantly who insure 1 or more cars who are in a similar position. I appreciate it’s a straw pole but if I went through my address book there would be loads more. And yet they keep telling us they pay out more in claims than they get take in premiums.

I have a named driver on my vans policy. Same age and driving experience, no claims, points or medical conditions and yet they assist on charging me a tidy sum for the privilege. I pointed out that as only one of us could drive the vehicle at any one time where is the additional risk?

As usual it fell on deaf ears Rolling Eyes

Post #682871 16th Jan 2024 2:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12