Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Matty my 2005 TD6 Accidental Purchase Monster
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

I had to use the stormers on my Discovery as the tyres are near new, so now this has 5 spoke wheels on. Not sure if I like them or not on this car yet. I plan on putting the stormers back on when I have the money and time spare to get 4 new tyres for these 5 spokes as they are all illegal.

Sadly Matty is 3rd to the bottom of my car renovation list as I can't justify the money and don't currently have the time to sort the issues out yet. But he will get back on the road, but not likely until next year.

Post #671805 22nd Aug 2023 10:56pm
green-oval-nut

Well, finally, after many months of this beast sat doing nothing but looking awesome in my yard, I have decided that I am going to pull it out tomorrow (if the predicted storm isn't bad) and pull the front air strut off and take a look at the air connections to see if I can get it to inflate, and also take a look underneath at the rear propshaft to see if I am right about the rear prop bearing failing as the cause of the banging underneath. Then sadly it will sit again for a few months as I need to get a Jeep finished. But at least then I will be able to put a plan together to start getting this beast back on the road.

In my head, I believe it needs:

Intercooler
Intercooler Hoses
Rear Prop Bearing
Windscreen
Minor Welding
Heater Controls
4 Tyres

To get through an MOT and stop a bad battery drain. I have decided to push on with this a bit faster than originally planned, because in the colder and wetter months, my joints are a lot more painful and I could really do with driving an Auto.

Post #674257 25th Sep 2023 9:32pm
green-oval-nut

Pulled this out of the corner and took the suspension leg off of the front passenger side, the height sensor was flipped the wrong way, but found that the nut does not do up tight on the air pipe into the brand new leg. Sadly, the previous owner fitted this leg so cannot return it for a refund or exchange it.

I will be getting a replacement used strut as soon as I have time, I have also bought a replacement suspension relay to try and get the system working again. I forgot to check the prop shaft though.

As the windscreen is cracked, I have bought some of that cheap stuff off of the auction site in an attempt to repair the crack, otherwise I will have to spend £450 on a new windscreen as I don't have screen cover on my policy.

I have to admit, my love for this car has come back after moving it within the yard. So given me a little motivation to move on with this project and get it back on the road. Goal is March next year at the latest.

Post #674347 26th Sep 2023 10:46pm
SamThomas

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue

green-oval-nut wrote:

4 Tyres

I have a set of 5 matching original style wheel with almost new Bridgestones) if you are interested ?
Not too far from you either.

Post #674348 26th Sep 2023 11:13pm
green-oval-nut

SamThomas, I may be interested dependent on price. Thanks.

Post #678668 25th Nov 2023 12:48am
green-oval-nut

Matty has now found a new home with a friend of mine. Repairs are being done at my workshop with my help to get this beast back on the road for him.

Post #682921 16th Jan 2024 8:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123