Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > fbh ecu fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cinderrella

United Kingdom 
fbh ecu fault

Hello everyone on the forum. I'm currently facing difficulties with my FBH. After having a Webasto agent inspect it, he couldn't establish a connection with the FBH, suggesting a potential issue with the PCB/ECU with the unit. He recommended purchasing a new or reconditioned unit, which he'd then install. In my search for a replacement, I've encountered conflicting advice. Some suggest that a standalone unit won't function with my L322 and that the FBH is uniquely assigned to each vehicle. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate? Would a reconditioned unit or one from a different car be compatible with my L322? I'm uncertain about what course of action to take. While the Webasto technician assures me a new or reconditioned unit will work, others who repair these units caution that compatibility might be an issue. Your insights would be greatly appreciated before I invest £400 in a potentially non-functional replacement!

Post #686085 20th Feb 2024 7:02pm
Cinderrella

United Kingdom 

Anyone please?

Post #686180 22nd Feb 2024 12:18am
jimmie

Poland 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Create few more topics....

Post #686184 22nd Feb 2024 7:41am
ballast

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

On my previous 2011 D4, I had the same problem, i.e. FBH doing nothing at all and could'nt communicate with it - bought a secondhand one off eBay, replaced the ECU board within it and it worked a treat. There is no unique identifier between the vehicle and the FBH ECU (on a D4 at least).

Hope that helps

Chris

Post #686206 22nd Feb 2024 12:25pm
Danb_220_2019

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Fuji White

For the FBH to function as intended, you would need to replace the main board with a CANbus-enabled one from a vehicle of similar age and manufacturer. Different manufacturers use different signalling, so a BMW CANbus Webasto unit won't work with a Mercedes, LR, etc.

A non-CANbus version can be used, but will need to be controlled manually via Webasto switching, either a timer, remote control, or direct 12V control.

ETA - they're not VIN-coded to the vehicles, at least not on LR applications - although some are from other vehicle manufacturers, it's quite a rare feature on the Webasto control electronics. 2012 (L322) 4.4TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE, Fuji White over Arabica.
Previous V8s: BMW 645Ci, P38 4.6, P38 4.0, Merc CL500
Previous others: Honda x1, Volvo x7, Rover x6, BMW x6, Ford x1, Mercedes x2, Skoda x3, VW x2, Renault x2, Citroen x1, Mazda x3, Nissan x1, Audi x3, Kia x1, Fiat x4, Subaru x3, Austin x2, Triumph x2, Jeep x2, Hyundai x2, Lexus x1, Mitsubishi x1, Saab x2... and some others I've forgotten!

Post #686211 22nd Feb 2024 1:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1