Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Would you put off by...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gachoud

2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Would you put off by...

Im looking at a car which is for sale but its got 4 previous owners, demo + 1 and then a company director who put it in his own name. Its got full LRSH but would you be put off being the 5th owner ? How much should I knock off the asking? Also how much more do you think a 2007 57 is worth over a 2007 07...£500? thx for your opinions/advice Thumbs Up

Post #7383 23rd Sep 2009 9:03am
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

First I would get it's warranty history to make sure it wasn't a lemon , and if it's just unusual circumstances that led to so many owners just go by mileage and condition , but still push for something off. I guess it depends how long you intend to keep it. 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #7384 23rd Sep 2009 10:52am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Agreed, find out the dealer names in the service book and call them, ask what work its been in for, although I have found that if dealers do warranty work FOC they don't always keep a record, which is daft.

Multiple owners can be a warning sign and clearly a 1 owner car has its advantages.

I don't think there were any MY changes between an 07 and a 57 plate. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #7385 23rd Sep 2009 12:08pm
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

what is the year ? if its the roundabout 2007 as you ask about price i would probably look elswhere with that amount of owners could be a lemon Thumbs Up Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #7389 23rd Sep 2009 8:26pm
gachoud

2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

thanks im not going to go for the 4 owner car now turns out the mileage is 50k not 23k !

speedymarktd6 wrote:
what is the year ? if its the roundabout 2007 as you ask about price i would probably look elswhere with that amount of owners could be a lemon Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #7392 24th Sep 2009 8:20am
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

It's fairly common now for cars to have lots of owners. Prior to buying the FFRR, we had a 1998 BMW convertible which we bought in 2002 and kept for 7 years, but it had had 3 previous owners in the preceding 4 years. The car was fully loaded, all selected by the first owner.
I had my concerns and spoke to my local BMW dealer. He said that there are lots of people who buy a car new, load it up with every option, then when the novelty wears off and they are still paying for it every month, they sell them.
We are the 5th owner of this one and it's been well looked after with full history. I did a trace of the previous owners and they were all company directors and it was resold by LR in 2006 as one of their approved used cars with an extended warranty. I spoke to the original selling dealer, who it turned out, was also the reseller. They checked it out on their computer and reassured me that it hadn't been subejcted to numerous warranty claims etc.
There's a few small chips in the paint here and there, but to be expected and I do suffer with OCD according to friends!

Ours had covered 83k when we bought it, but it drives and feels like new. At first, I was going to get rid of it, but I love it now and I'll probably hold onto it for a couple of years. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #7719 12th Oct 2009 3:15pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I do suffer with OCD according to friends!

goes with the job doesn't it Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #7731 12th Oct 2009 9:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1