Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > New Range Rover owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Green

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

The 'Air Susp Inactive' message is an almost permanent feature and despite the car going in for it to be repaired on 8 November 2011 (when they told me they had fixed it and I drove less than 3 miles before the fault came back!!) and again yesterday it is still not fixed. The dealer rang me today to say that despite finding the fault on the cars computer, they think it's just a 'spoof' code and that I am to expect faults with a used car!! I advised that if I can't use the EAS functionality e.g. I can't raise or lower it once it's in 'Air Susp Inactive' mode, then it's not really something I expect despite it being a used car. Consumer Direct and the finance company agree. The dealer has mentioned buying it back as they can only fix mechanical faults (what the hell does that mean?)...i'll have to watch this space as the dealer is now keeping the car and driving it over the weekend as apparently, whilst they've had the car, it has showed no faults!! Banging Head

Post #95731 2nd Dec 2011 12:50pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Tell them to change the compressor for a new or fully working one.

Sometimes at that age the compressors get a bit tired and if they take too long to pump up (or overheat), they throw a fault. This was what hapened to my 2002 TD6 - bought a second-hand compressor adn 2 1/2 years later it's still working beautifully!

Post #95732 2nd Dec 2011 1:07pm
GregP

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

Good luck with it all mate
I had the same Censored about what we should expect from a used car.
If i'm spending 10-15k on a car I expect everything to work when sold, regardless of its age. Fair enough things may go wrong but these should be sorted without fuss if still in warranty period. FFRR TD6 HSE
Adriatic Blue with Parchment leather.

Post #95733 2nd Dec 2011 1:09pm
Green

Dolphinboy - They have discounted the compressor and sensors apparently.

GregP - I said the same to them. I said that whilst it's a used car I paid £17k for it from a LR franchised dealer for the peace of mind, but there appears to be none!!

I highlighted the suspension problem before buying it and they reassured me that it would be fixed. Had I have known they couldn't/wouldn't fix it, I wouldn't have bought it and would have waited for another to come along!!

Post #95734 2nd Dec 2011 1:13pm
SparkyPhil

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Green
Have they sorted your suspension problem yet?
Phil

Post #96773 8th Dec 2011 8:55pm
bozmandb9

Is this a wind up? You paid £17k for a 2004 td6 from a franchised dealer, and they expect you do drive it with fault codes coming up?

Sometimes the standards of the dealer network beggars belief. I'd get onto trading standards, force them to take the car back and issue a full refund, then get Gaz to source you a car! Thumbs Up Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #96780 8th Dec 2011 9:38pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

As above Green like Boz said, they have to take it back as its just not suitable for sale with a major safety issue, IE the suspension could collapse at any time and the manual says NOT TO DRIVE it unless its an emergency and even then very very gently for a short distance.

Reject it as not fit for sale, then with the money saved buy another (i got mine for £12900) and fair enough it had 124k miles on it when i bought it and an iffy lower boot that im still on with fixing slowly but it beggers belief they have charged such a premium and provided a 2.5tonne lemon!!

Post #96784 8th Dec 2011 10:04pm
Green

Thanks guys.

I've got the car back and will be driving to work in it tonight. They tell me that the suspension is fixed and I think I believe them this time!!

But, despite the car also going in for the amplifier to be replaced, it doesn't appear that this happened as the radio still goes off when putting the rear screen on. Apparantly though, according to the dealer, it doesn't matter as I shouldn't have the rear screen on for too long. And to assist, I should remove the window tints. I didn't think I had any!

As for the screaming/beeping noise, they don't know what they did to fix it or if they even have!

They were very generous though, they put 202 miles on my mileage and gave me the car back with black hand marks all over my ivory leather and boot prints on my 3 week old mats!!!

Post #96902 9th Dec 2011 6:23pm
SparkyPhil

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Green
I have had this problem before with dealers, so this time I decided to buy private and budget for repairs that a so called warranty should cover if I bought from a dealer. I had a front diff problem on a Jeep once and the hassle I had to get it fixed was terrible, so I do feel for you. I Hope you get it sorted one way or another.
Phil

Post #96904 9th Dec 2011 6:52pm
bozmandb9

If I were you I'd just request a full refund, write a letter detailing everything which has been unsatisfactory, and require a refund in full, stating that you have lost confidence in the car, and in the dealer, which defeats the object of paying a premium to purchase a car through the dealer network.

Then use the proceeds to buy a facelift TD6 privately, and maybe pay for a warranty if you want one. Or get this one:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...?logcode=p Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #96911 9th Dec 2011 7:44pm
Green

Drove it to work last night and when turning the key in the ignition 'HDC Inactive' came up. Drove to work and the suspension seemed to be working, certainly had no 'Air Susp Inactive' message. Got in the car to come back home, turned the key and 'HDC Inactive' again!! Something new to add to the list!!!! Rolling Eyes

Post #97045 10th Dec 2011 8:52pm
kingpleb

That would be the well known battery problem...

I'm telling you that it would be much easier to chop that back in and get your money back as there are much better cars out there, especially after they muckied it up and put such high miles on it!

Post #97056 10th Dec 2011 9:59pm
Green

To be honest I want rid of the car now. I spoke with a solicitor yesterday who said they had breached their contract and I had been reasonable in asking them to repair it, twice!
I was told that they had fitted a new battery to the car when I bought it so of its not the battery, what could it be?
Even if they fixed it, which I doubt, my fear is what next?
Also, over the last 2 days the front parking sensor has sounded as I'm driving down the road, as if I'm getting to close to something, which I wasn't!!

Post #97063 10th Dec 2011 11:07pm
kingpleb

The battery could have been replaced but if its not a good enough one with high enough CCA then its pointless.

Dealers can be very difficult when kicking a car back to them speaking from experience but if you have a solicitor behind you then a nice letter from them should cover it.

Post #97065 10th Dec 2011 11:23pm
bozmandb9

Get them to take it back, I thought you said they'd offered a refund anyway? Just take it back, there are much better cars for the money, and you're certainly not paying for the great service are you? Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #97081 11th Dec 2011 1:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>