Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > Tesco insurance - not covering courtesy cars!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ben2012

2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue
Tesco insurance - not covering courtesy cars!!

I've had a policy with Tesco for 2 yrs now and never had a problem always very helpful, that was until yesterday when I needed to insure a courtesy car provided by LR assistance through Enterprise, Enterprise wouldn't cover my girlfriend due to her being under 25 so rang Tesco to add the loan car to my policy only to be informed "we don't cover courtesy cars"!! Had a big argument with them as I think this is rediculus they said it was in the T&C's but after speaking to a manager it isn't!! I'm now waiting for a response from the complaints department, so for any one else with them beware!! I'm not impressed at all, anybody else heard of this before?

Cheers Ben

Post #97156 11th Dec 2011 11:49pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I HATE tescos ins'

I had an accident, we were both with Tescos. They chose to pay her claim (she was blatently in the wrong, police even confirmed this) because she had the cheaper claim being that she was fully comp and i was TPO.

A friend of ours lost their house because the Tesco's life insurance refused to pay out when he was critically ill and unable to work. 3 courts ordered them to pay but they strung it out for ever, to the point the last court appointed baliffs on tescos!

My mother was with Tescos, fully comp. In their T&C's fully comp does not allow you to drive any other car TPO unlike every other fully comp policy in the world.

Moral of the story, you get what you pay for. OK if your a kid driving a banger who needs to build cheap no claims. No use for the rest of us! 

Post #97157 12th Dec 2011 12:03am
bozmandb9

Thanks for the info Dan, I'm worried now that we have household insurance with Tesco, certainly won't renew it!

Have you announced your new acquisition yet? I haven't seen anything on here, just FB! Thumbs Up Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #97163 12th Dec 2011 12:43am
Bob the B

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

Cheers for the heads up Thumbs Up

I was looking at renewing my insurance with Tesco as they are cheapest.

Might have to rethink that now and pay a few quid extra for FULL FAT insurance Very Happy

Post #97175 12th Dec 2011 7:52am
TugRR

United Kingdom 

Dan -
Ref:

"My mother was with Tescos, fully comp. In their T&C's fully comp does not allow you to drive any other car TPO unlike every other fully comp policy in the world"

I can assure you very strongly, this used to be the case, but is NOT now - it has changed for most insurance companies over the last two years.

You must now assume that you are NOT covered third party to drive other vehicles not owned by you if you have fully comp insurance -

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #97335 12th Dec 2011 7:42pm
ELD70

United Kingdom 

Just another reason to avoid Tescos full stop.

Post #97373 12th Dec 2011 8:37pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I tend to change yearly to find the cheapest price.

"Can I drive other cars TPO?" is a question I always ask. I've never had anyone say no yet... The day I do will be the day I ring the next number down the list! 

Post #97375 12th Dec 2011 8:45pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Nowt to do with car insurance but I have had my own issues with the Tescos Home Insurance...

Had a buildings / contents policy with them for a number of years - this policy included Legal Protection Cover.

Unfortunately - I recently had reason to use this cover due to a claim being made against myself regarding a property dispute. After explaining to my solicitor that I had this provision within my home insurance policy, he read through the small print and confirmed that I would be entitled to make a claim and any legal expenses dealing with this claim would be covered.

However after contacting the Tescos claim department myself (underwritten by RBofS) they refused to honour this cover because of certain details - basically insisting that my legal problem did not warrant a claim payout of any kind.

Thankfully, my solicitor refused to accept their decision and dealt with them upon my behalf - despite it taking him nearly 2 months for a response - they reluctantly agreed that I was infact covered all the time.

I guess you have to fight for everything these days - especially insurance companies (regardless of whats written within the small print)

Post #97383 12th Dec 2011 9:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1