Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Are these issues to sort or just the way newer cars are?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
Are these issues to sort or just the way newer cars are?

The only reason I have noticed these two issues is that its different to my TD6 Vogue.

The GTR site is down at the moment so I can't see if there's anything listed that might mean a warranty trip to the Dealer. Has anyone had these looked at themselves?

1. Heater is REALLY hot and seems to react slowly to temperature changes, have to set it to 18 degrees and wait 5 mins to cool. At 20 degrees its too hot, but after 15 mins or so it seems to get down to what I feel 20 degrees should be.

2. The stereo seems more bassy and muffled than previous, I'm having to set the bass to minus figures and treble to maximum. I know there used to be a fix for the Subwoofer, can't recall if I ever had this done before. Its more noticeable at lower volumes. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #9886 22nd Dec 2009 10:02pm
JOKER

Scotland 

1/ I have the same problem with the heater i actually started thinking my Thermostat was goosed .....

2/ The HK sound is the same in mine but i was never too fussed with it, i just adjust the subwoofer to suit .....

Post #9887 22nd Dec 2009 10:26pm
whoami

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Spooky!

I was just about to ask exactly the same things.

Having had the car for a couple of weeks now, the heater does indeed seem boiling all the time.

The HK sound system is an acquired taste to be sure.

Very bass-heavy with not much separation.

Post #9891 22nd Dec 2009 10:59pm
ukrangie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

My climate takes a minute or two to pump out hot air. Same with cold. Does it have enough gas? In older cars there use to be a piece of glass on top of the compressor where you could see if was running low. I am sure it's not like that anymore.

As for the stereo, mine sounds ok but that is just me or it might the music I listen to?

May be worth getting it looked at by the dealers Adam.

Post #9894 23rd Dec 2009 7:40am
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

For the HK system the best advice i give you is to use it with everything at 0
No Logic7, and all fader, balance, treble, etc.. at 0

Besides, I don't know your musical tastes, but be aware that newer albums come with crappy sound quality. It has something to do with extra bass being added to blow up your ears, so that the kids like it when using headphones and an mp3 player....2 days before going deaf......

As far as the air is concerned, mine is not at all that different. There is some lag in the reactions, especially when there are extremes outside. Nevertheless, be carefull with the center vent button, as the air that comes out of it is really hot. As a rule of thumb, in the winter I have it set full blue and during the summer I put it at 1/4 hot. This way it evens out a bit.

Remember, in the catalogue it said that the 2007My had a 70% increase in ventilation capacity.....

Post #9899 23rd Dec 2009 1:29pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Cheers chaps Thumbs Up Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #9901 23rd Dec 2009 2:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1